586,116 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 362 of 422 262312352360361362363364372412
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

How's it going?

My name is Ammon, just getting started with CNC. Never actually used a machine but got really interested recently and hoped I'd be able to find a few good recommendations.

Thanks!

Howdy everyone. I'm an experienced AutoCAD user looking to get into CAM software and eventually build a hobby CNC table.

Hi, I'm a self-taught CAD user presently employed as a CNC Plasma operator (or Tech, as some may imply) and eventually I'd like to build a hobby CNC table, both plasma and router to venture into a sign development business and become self employed, is there anyone with this experience who'd be intersted in giving me pointers? would be humbly appreaciated!

Hi, I am Andrew I have an EMCO Conceptmill55 I am hoping someone might give me a little help and advice to build and fit an after market 4th axis for the machine. The machine has the automatic Tool Changer and I believe this mother board would support the fifth stepper motor control board which I have also aquired. I already own a spare EMCO three phase stepper motor for the project. I am using 3D Geocam to write G&M code this programme supports a forth axis with a software upgrade which is what i propose to use if i can make the hardware work. Any or advice most appreciated. (Cannot afford £3800 official EMCO upgrade) Hoping to buy and convert a forth axis for about £200 and fit new stepper motor, solder in board, set jumper, configure WIN NC ....can it be this easy????

I'm setting up a home shop, aiming to get into precision CNC. After 20+ years in corporate IT, I'm ready to do something tangible and mechanical. Looking forward to sharing knowledge with this community.

Hello! We are a small business in Panamá, Central America, for funerary headstones and plaques. We started with sandblasting and now we are starting to use a CNC to provide a more professional look to our marble / granite headstones. We are self taught and this forum has been a tremendous help for us. We hope to continue growing even more in the future and we are excited about being part of this growing CNC users´community. We started to use our CNC to engrave with soft stones such as marble, but we hope to move to granite in the near future, but we are still working on itl.
    If anyone is interested in checking some of our work please chek the link: https://artegrabados.com/

Hello.
    I am new here. I wan't to learn more about the cnc laser

Hello CNC world!

Nice place to start and continue :-)

Great comunity for years.

After pausing CNC building I need a bit of refreshment as LPT based PS's are gone now ;-)

See you...

Quote Originally Posted by 1stPrototype View Post
    I'm setting up a home shop, aiming to get into precision CNC. After 20+ years in corporate IT, I'm ready to do something tangible and mechanical. Looking forward to sharing knowledge with this community.
    I can echo that post word for word! Still working IT, but looking for a hobby/business on the side!

Hello, recently purchased an Optimum BF20 mill and want to convert it to cnc. Probably will be asking lots of annoying newbie questions, so lookout everyone!gofa

Hey, there. Newbie here and I'm Chen.
    I had cnc router and laser machines. I found I could get answers of many questions I met. Looking to learn more here. Thanks for your kind help.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpyatt View Post
    I can echo that post word for word! Still working IT, but looking for a hobby/business on the side!
    "Echo. Me too." <-- There's a BATCH based IT joke in there somewhere!

I found this amazing resource, which has given me enough to get started in making my own, thought I'd share with you all. CNCRouterSource.com. It looks like the site was abandoned some time ago, but it's got a LOT of great info :cheers:

Hi everybody
    I'm here to learn more about the cnc laser

here to learn a bit too ... hopefully !

Hello everyone, new to the CNC world, here to learn.

Whats up all. I work with electronics, high end vaporizers to be specific and have just finished my first run. I've been intrigued in the machining process of my device and now have access to some quality manual mills. I'm not new to the concept and can convey my ideas in the correct terminology, however I'd like to learn the actual fundamentals so that I don't have a spotty grasp for when I continue to use this machine that I now have unlimited access to.

Question: Please suggest best books (prefer paperback or otherwise, just tangible - i'm only 32 but like to hold something I'm reading). Got Amazon Prime ready and was just hoping to get some solid suggestions before I followed the "reviews". Cheers

-Jason

Hello. I'm a traditional craftsman and I've been interested in automation on some level for the past 15 years. Invested in employees about 5 years ago and wish I'd spent the money on a CNC router. I like Legacy Woodworking's 5 axis Artisan. I often get calls for spindle reproduction on stair cases, but also do cabinetry and other architectural millwork. So a machine that can double for spindle turning and carving would be great. I'm adept at drafting software but have yet to work with a CAM software and only know the basic concept of g code. I'm a pretty good machinist, but would rather spend my time making things with than building a CNC.

Hi everyone. Just joined the site. I've been building plastic injection tools for 9 years and just started my own shop this past Fall. Running a HAAS VF3 and a Bridgeport. I use a variety of software to design and cut. I specialize in injection tools and prototype parts. 90% of my tools are 7075 aluminum and range from a handful of first-run parts to 100,000 shot + parts.

Great site with everything under the sun for information.

Ed Wendt
    RCS Machine and Tool

Hi, I'm a retired Marine, and just retired again from the steel industry. Here to learn what I can. Thinking of getting a CNC table for metal and wood working.

Page 362 of 422 262312352360361362363364372412