586,075 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 389 of 422 289339379387388389390391399
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Aloha from Hawaii,
    I am an engineer in Oceanography dept at the university here. I am resurrecting a small benchtop mill (Sherline) i have been sent here by a number of searches, and I figured i would just sign up and participate. I haven't got a lot of hands on CNC, but i am pretty good with SolidWorks. I am currently trying to figure out how to use an IMServ servo controller that is hooked up to my Sherline 5400 mill. I will also be getting up to speed on MasterCam, whiich has a plug in for S.W.
    Anyway, i am obsessed with underwater & flying robots, eventually i will get to making some stuff for those things, but first things first:
    "Move, damn you!"

Hi There thanks for the forum welcome message . i received a workshop when i purchased this house and a high-z machine was in it . just learning the basics its hard when someone already changed a lot of the default settings and you don't have a clue what they where but getting there

Hi to all, My Name is Roger however most of my adult life i have been called "Brummie". I have retired from the military and now full time work. I have been watching and envying the skill and knowledge of guys using 3D home routers. So I have decided that's what I want to do. So at time to time I will come and annoy some of you with my naiveness. if thats ok? I Really want to make guitars, so if anyone knows how I can initially purchase the Plans/Scemetics. Thanks Brummie

Wow!
    646 pages of introductions.

Good to be here.. Hoping to learn a lot!

-B

Hello Everyone! I'm an Engineer and I've recentely find out how powerful is the laser technology and how cheap can be to own one of those machines!
    I already found a lot of interesting suggestions and this forum and I hope I can learn even more. See you, Emanuel

Hey guys I am Sherry from WDS Precision. WDS Precision (www.wdscam.com) is a company that produces roller-cam structure indexers, NC rotary table and rotary tilting tables. My father owned this company. He is in the CNC related business for around 30 years. I, as the daughter, took over the company and now working on expanding the business worldwide, with the new mindset in R&D, internal management and marketing efforts.

hello, my name is carles from catalonia..

Looking for info on here. Heard there was some great information found on this site. thanks.

hey, what up
    I just registered and I am in need of some help quickly. the boss just walked by and asked for some input about a tool list for a new HAAS VF2 SS that will be here at the end of the month, but the tool guy will be here in about an hour. I need to come up with a list of what I need. does anyone already have something put together for this machine. We will be starting with Aluminum, plastics, and Titanium. I will usually be machining fixtures to start.

Thank you
    Andrew

Hello everyone!

My name is Ben....

See you around

thanks

Hello everyone
    i'm Paul interested in model engineering what brought me to this site, was that I was searching for a manual for the Deckel SO cutter grinder, especially the part containing grinding drill bits.

Hello Everyone!my name is Vitaliy from Ukraine. Всім добра і миру!

Just another wood butcher working on a way to do it with a CNC system, which is in the first stages of being built. I have far too many hobbies and interests so the "honey-do" list gets ever longer.
    Hopefully I can eliminate many missteps with a bit of guidance from this gang. I spent the majority of my life programming large machines for aerospace, so the machine built is not the problem, it is the building of it that has me worried...

hi all. just a DIY fool here. I'm a GM world class technician who works on cars for a living. in my spare time i like to build/create/improve things.
    yrs ago (before children) i had a harbor freight crap mill that i converted to CNC with ball screws.
    played on a good friends mastercam software (machinest by trade) to make small parts, (machine code in and old dos CNCpro)
    after kids i sold the mill and had a fever ever since. (10 yrs later) I'm getting back in.
    just aquired a Benchman 5000 (from the old friend) its been in his shop for 5 plus yrs and I've talked him out of it.
    so posts will follow! thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi there

I am Russell, a 27-year-old- Hardware engineer, Who love technologies and system controllers and robotics.
    I install controller system, Repair, troubleshoot and retrofit metal work CNC milling /lathe and welder robots...

the problem is here, that I want to learn more, do more and be more but the problem is here, the machines are really old and technologies are for the 90s.
    I want to find a job aboard, related to machinery building and I know that a day my dreams will come true.

Deutschland ruft mich an, Änderungen vorzunehmen.

The zone is a big family, warm and clean. thanks for being

Best Regards, Best Wishes

Russell

I am Christina Baugh. I run a family owned Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) in Greenville, SC. We have over 70 distributors in 29 states. We have manufactured machining fluids for the CNC industry for over 45 years. My dad used to be a machinist and he started this company after many years of having to work with cutting fluids that burned his skin. He developed the formula, because nothing like it existed. We still manufacture the original formula today. It will not cause dermatitis, it is non-flammable, bio-degradable and water soluble. We would put our products up against any of the machining fluids on the market. We are so confident that you will like our Premier Poly-Cut, that if you try it and you do not like it for any reason, then you don't have to pay for it. www.tullco.com

Hi there

I'm Rick. My father owns a mid-sized CNC machine shop in central Texas, creating components necessary in the assembly of rock bits. I'm not very proficient, but I know the basics of CNC machinig. I really hope to learn and maybe evne help some of yuo guys. Take care

Hello - My name is Doug and I have been building out my personal woodshop in my garage. The last major piece of the shop is a CNC. I purchased the Solsylva plans a while back and am starting to finally build it. I have been reading some of the threads here and finally decided to register so I can view pictures and ask questions if needed. I look forward to talking with the talented folks here.

Doug

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam, and I do product design on the side. I am very interested in learning more about CNC machining. Thank you for this great forum!

Adam

Page 389 of 422 289339379387388389390391399