586,082 active members*
3,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 364 of 422 264314354362363364365366374414
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello Everyone,

I recently learned CAD/CAM (enough to be dangerous) and purchased my first machine. I am eager to get started in building guitars and thought I could learn a ton by joining this forum. I also look forward to participating in discussions and offering advice on topics that I might be familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by theblueser View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I recently learned CAD/CAM (enough to be dangerous) and purchased my first machine. I am eager to get started in building guitars and thought I could learn a ton by joining this forum. I also look forward to participating in discussions and offering advice on topics that I might be familiar.
    Welcome. Did you see this video on Slicer for Fusion 360? The first example is an interesting guitar concept.

https://youtu.be/4fFH_TcI-9U

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone,

I am a product engineer. always,I try to find balance between demand and cost. In current period, I work on woodworking cnc and laser engraver projects.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm Chris Davidson. I'm an engineer and work in the field of automatic/centralised lubrication systems (i.e. one-shot oilers).

Just here to learn more about cnc, and am happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding one-shot oilers.

Cheers,
    Chris

Gidday.

I'd like to say Hello to all users on the board.
    I'm from Germany, I built a CNC milling machine and a 3D-Printer a couple of years ago... Fortunately they are still in business
    Currently I want to build a cnc broidery machine...

Cheers,
    Hollandia

Hey,

I am an engineering student with a background in Fitting and Machining. I live in Australia and looking at the possibility of completing my FYP based around CNC milling. I am hoping to optimise the rigidity of a low-cost home-manufactured 5-axis mill.

Robbie

Hello All,

I'm a design engineer in the manufacturing field. Currently using SolidWorks to design workholding fixtures and tooling. I'm looking to understanding CNC programming and metal removal. Hoping i can get a lot of insight from all of the experience here.

Soda

Hi! I'm using my 60W chinese laser to enhance my calligraphy home decor line!

hi new here - spent a lot of time working with Chinese lasers now venturing into Chinese CNC mills

Quote Originally Posted by 1stPrototype View Post
    Welcome. Did you see this video on Slicer for Fusion 360? The first example is an interesting guitar concept.

https://youtu.be/4fFH_TcI-9U

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Just saw this and this is just 123d make integrated into fusion. One less step to have to take when doing this.

I'm privileged to be a part of this community. It will give me opportunity to sharpen my skills, as well as helping others with my experience.
    Thanks all.

edward510 Guest

Hi all, I am Edward

Hi, i have a First VMC with Fanuc OM control, my problem is once my machines X axis servo motor was replaced with an encoder, since then when ever i start the machine and reference it some time the X Axis will be a shift of 10 mm either on the plus side or the minus side , how can i rectify it.

Hello everyone.

My name's Dave Morgan, and I live in Australia.

Like everyone else on this forum, I'm interested in machining and cnc. I've been involved in the hobby now for about six years and have a small manual benchtop mill and a small manual benchtop lathe which I've been learning machining on. Due to work commitments, I haven't had the time to convert them to cnc yet, but I hope to do so in the near future.

My vocational background is as an electrical engineer, and as a registered patent attorney (not currently practising). In total I have around 20 years of experience working in these professions.

I've been visiting the forum as an non-registered user for many years now, and have learnt a lot from the various knowledgable people on here about machining and cnc. I'm extremely thankful for all of the information regarding machining and cnc that these people have generously seen fit to freely provide for the benefit of everyone.

I thought that rather than continuing to be a lurker who keeps taking without giving back, I should do the right thing and register so that I can actively contribute to the forum in any way that I can.

As a relatively inexperienced machinist who has no actual cnc machining experience, I'm not sure how much helpful information I'll be able to contribute to discussions concerning machining and cnc, at least initially. However, I figure that at least initially I may be able to make a more substantial contribution to any topics on the forum that concern electrical engineering matters or intellectual property matters such as patents, trade marks, or designs. My initial intention is to setup a thread that's focused on intellectual property matters where anyone and everyone with a machining/cnc bent can ask questions and discuss such matters.

Dave

Hi all, I'm Tim, I live just outside of Darwin, Australia and I operate as a "one man band" working as a drafter designing pretty much anything my clients want drawn in Autocad/Revit from site plans and structures to reverse engineered machine components. Converting DWG's to CNC / CAM files is a fairly common task and I hope other users can help me with some software issues which I encounter from time to time.
    Currently pulling my hair out over a persistent yet random issue with a "Touchcut" plasma machine by Kinetic. The operator has problems with the toolpath running over itself at times and on other occasions it traces past the object into the female parts. Have pulled the dxf files to bits but cannot find any errors.

Hi guys, found this forum while searching out new info on CNC machining. I'm looking to move into the industry coming from an IT background with a love to make things spanning back to my younger days. I don't get any feeling of 'creating something" with my current career. I'm just looking to read and hang out with some like-minded folks.

-John

Hello. Like probably a lot of others, I stumbled across the site whilst perusing Google trying to find out how to size steppers properly (but not for CNC). Hopefully, I'll stick around for many other reasons. :banana:

Hi i'm alaa mechatronics student, i love cnc very much and i'm working on understanding how it's designs

Hi,I am Jasko I recently started working on old Traub TNA 480 with TX-8 system,its all new to me so I am hoping this forum can help me become better CNC operator and programmer.

Hello

My name is Richard. New here. I am a CMM Programmer on OPEN Dmis Version 5.2 and have been for 2 years now.

Page 364 of 422 264314354362363364365366374414