Greetings from France

Bonjour à tous,
    Hello everybody,
    Aircraft mecanic retired from french airline
    I wish to build a CNC router to work with wood and aluminium

I wish you a happy new year.

Pierre

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area on New Year's Eve!

I'm a former movie maker, now working for Dolby Labs on revolutionary movie tech, but I'm a airplane nut at heart. I want to build a very complexly shaped plane, and CNC is the only way to go; so that's why I'm learning everything I can about it.

Thad

I'm Malcolm, I've just recently got into metal working. I build custom stereo's and guitar amps, pedals etc. I'm tired of having outsource all of my enclosures!

It's officially 12:08 here in GA/US. Good morning/afternoon/night to all, where ever you may be reading from.

I'm a robot hobbyist, just getting into cnc machining. Looking forward to learning a lot and meeting a bunch of great people!

I'm a PCB design moving to welding

Hi, I am a cnc programmer for Alberti and Weeke machine centers. I do most of the diagnostic and repair of these machines, plus other PLC equiped machinery. At some point, I want to become more familiar with Arduino micro controllers. In addition to programming the company's machine centers, I sometimes do Autocad work in our engineering department.

Hi
    I am an electronics engineer with around 28 years technical experience, in embedded systems, power electronics, and do website development as a hobby. I am interested in developing controllers for various mechanical and electrical machinery, and I am quite sure I will get the guidance, advice and help I require from this august forum. I have developed a controller for a coil winding machine, and am now looking at other domains and arenas, such as those that use x-y positioning, etc
    Thank you one and all.
    Shiv

Greetings

Gald to be a part of this site. I am Roland from ABQ NM. I work as a engineer for GE Healthcare on CT and MRI scanners. I have always worked in metal since a kid. Learned to weld from my dad at a very early age. Got into building dune buggies in high school. Moved on to building a 57 chevy pickup as my first hot rod. I have always had a shop to do my metal work out of, did a lot of wrought iron over the years. I have a mechinal engineering degree, please do not hold that against me.lol lol.. as I am a pratical engineer I can actually design and build what I design. No paper engineer here. Five years ago with the encourgment of my wife we purchased a Plasma cam table. I had uses a hand held plasma for about 10 years that I was using to hand cut southwestern designs. I continue to do not only do artitistic designs with my CNC, but also do a lot of custom brackets for a guy here that builds hot rod frames and suspensions. I am certifed in both TIG and MIG, and own one of each. I would like to retire in the next five years and be able to work out of my shop full time.

Hi, I 'm from Spain and I like electronics , programming and CNC machines. Right now I am building a large CNC machine .

Joining the world of CNC gurus and mentors!!

Greetings one and all - I've been 'lurking' on this site for 6 months now having built my own CNC Wood Router. As the saying goes "when you're up to your armpits in alligators - it's a good time to remember that the original object was to drain the swamp'. Well - 6 months ago, my friend asked me to help him build an electric guitar... and now I have the CNC machine (still don't have the guitar).

I have spent 35 years in electronics doing everything from designing, building and managing. I have always had a 'wood hobby', but 'hobby' is more of a dream than reality. Now - as I finally see retirement on the horizon, I've decided to stop working 2 jobs and actually do something fun in life. I have used CAD systems for PCB artwork for many years... I have used an early DOS version of AutoSketch to create intricate aluminium extrusion profiles and an aluminum injection molded piece... I have use Turbo CAD for some small projects...

With all that background - how hard could this be? Well - I'm now 'up to my armpit in alligators' and looking for help on this site to find the 'plug' that will help drain my swamp. I have great dreams of what I can all do - but struggling to turn those dreams to reality.

I'm looking forward to all the help I can get from this site... I have great expectations!

Arden

hi, I am Electronics Engineer in India with 28 years experience. Working in the field of component level repairs of CNC drives, Controls, PLC, and Industrial Electronics boards. People having same interest/occupation I will be happy to exchange resources.

Hi,

Thanks for the greetings!

I am a Electronics Engineer with 28 years of experience. We are working in the field of component level repairs of Industrial Electronics.
    People with similar interest or profession, i will be happy to share resources in my field.

Happy 2015 to all.

Greetings from Greece. Happy new Year!
    I am a Electronics Engineer and I'm interested in CNC machines for engraving PCBs and cutting plastic and aluminium enclosures for various electronics projects.

i m an electronic hobyste

I am a newbie in DIY electronics and love to learn all the tricks. Did a bunch of programming work ... C/C++/Java stuff and excited to learn about CNC....

Hello I'm CNC hobbiest.

Hello,

I'm about to start a retrofitting of an old Emco VMC100 with TM02-controller and I'm hoping to gain more knowledge about this by participating at this excellent forum.
    On daily basis I work mostly with fiberoptics and copper cables, but occasionally ventures into the world of electronics.

Thanks in advance

Johan

hi,
    I work on a CNC Record 100 scm all, I want the message deleted ** plc47: axes en fin de course/ malfunction spindles fan **
    is that someone can help me?
    thank you.

Hello and Happy New Year to all from So. California!
    As some here, I too have jumped into the CNC world recently since purchasing a desktop machine to experiment with. Already milling my square holes into aluminum enclosure panels. Gone are the days of drilling multiple holes followed with clean up with the file to make something other than round. :tired:
    After reading the introductions here, I see that there are some very talented people everywhere with like interests and look forward to learn more and be able to offer some help too someday.

Louie

Page 241 of 422 141191231239240241242243251291341