586,396 active members*
3,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 353 of 422 253303343351352353354355363403
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello I´m jhassan and I hope learn all about the cnc... Greetings.

Hi all, in upstate new york. i started with a Chinese 3040 now want a bigger one! so will attempt to make a DIY 3' x 6' table for wood and plastic cutting.

I am quite sure i will bug some people with newbie questions so please be gentle!

Lightbulb Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi All,

I'm a fresh CNC CAD software user, generally using autodesk Inventor, also a newbie here. My company owns some CNC milling and turning machines, but i have zero experience with those high end robots.

At this moment, I am here to understand more about CNC machining operation. I do have found and read lots interesting articles. This is really a great forum!

Cheers,
    Steven

Hi,
    Chris from Tasmania here, the southernmost state of Australia.
    I have been researching CNC routers for a few years now and have finally decided to start turning this into practice. Soo much reading. So many conflicting ideas.
    First thing is that any plans I get MUST be metric to cover the thicknesses available here. I see lots of good feedback on Joe's 2006 moving gantry model. But I can't find plans with dimensions in Metric. I downloaded what I thought was it from a post here on the forum, got the edrawings viewer and I can view the pictures fine. But I can't see the dimensions, I basically need a cutlist so that I can start pricing/purchasing materials.
    I have seen lots of "cheap" breakout/driver/motor packages on ebay, aliexpress etc.. and am wondering the relative merits of same. I realize you get what you pay for, but money is not exactly growing on trees for me.
    I have no problem if this project takes time to complete, That way I can spread the spending out. I would like to get all the hardware finished before buying the electronics/software.
    I know they are imperial, but what of solsylva's 25x25 plans? They seem simple enough, no MDF, just dimensional lumber. I can always use it to build another!
    Is there much of a DIY scene in Aus for CNC? The threads in the clubroom are not all that current.
    I have an electronics and woodworking background.
    Thanks in advance and also for letting me on here

Chris (vk7hch)

Hi, I'm Jerry from the Dc area. Been a woodworker since a kid, at 56 I now see that some of the projects I've done in my shop which have taken countless hours could have been done in a very small fraction of the time on a Shopbot. Well, better late than never! Also started learning Fusion 360 (first cad, first cam) for use with a Tormach. The possibilities these machines open up are tremendous, looking forward to the journey.

Hello, I'm Angus from Nova Scotia and am interested in Building my own machine.

Sou brasileiro moro em Macapá e gosto de cnc.Quero aprender e desenvolver conhecimentos para produção de peças usinadas em router.

Sou um amante de cnc e estou ingressando neste forum para aprender mais.

I've been visiting this site for many years and have an unhealty interest in CNC machines. I have been more of a watcher than do-er and I want to slowly change that.

Hi,

I'm Olga from Lisbon.
    I work as freelancer in IT and have several hobbies, and lately I'm getting interested in CNC and stumbled here.

Thx for welcoming me.

Hi, my name is David, I'm a mechanical engineer for a robotics company. I work with a few different CNC machines and I'm interested in learning more about machining molds for vacuum forming.

Hello, my name is Tung. I'm 23 and I study engineer. Im also interested in engineering!

hi I have a pcnc 1100 options BRAND NEW selling for almost NOTHING
    it is in ORLANDO plse let me know if you are interested

Hello! I'm Sean, I live in Oakland --

Currently in the process of acquiring a Probotix Meteor and a Thunder Laser Nova 35 for light production work.

Currently using Illustrator for CAD (oh god, why??) and VCarve for toolpaths.

Hope to share some projects soon!

Sean

Hello, I am BLUEJADE44,
    Welder, fabricator, metal designer, cad guy, cam guy and newly tasked with .nc1 file definition and clean up for my company's
    new and coming PythonX. .nc1 how old IS that?

Hi I'm Rotation.

I like to make new things. I'm a software person by trade, but enjoy working with microcontrollers to control the world around me.

Ogtommy here,
    retired at 35 with a lot of unfulfilled goals.
    self taught electronics, computers, mechanic, speedfreek (bmw's not crystal meth). interested in learning about metal work. applicably towards cars/guns/knives and anything else that can fuses everything else i know together. The harder the better. I'd make a nuclear power plant for my community if it was possible. Or a spaceship.

Hey party people!

I'm a full time tinkerer. Either I'm at work tinkering with stuff or I'm at home doing the same.
    My workshop consists mostly of electronic design and assembly equipment. In addition I also have a 6040 CNC, 3020 40W laser and a 3D printer.
    Big kid with a lot of ideas but never enough time.

Hi,I am a 68yo retired person . I like to work on and build guns . I have just bought an older sherline mill . All CNC is new to me so please forgive stupid questions.

Hi, I'm a multi discipline engineer with an emphasis on LED lighting and control. I also have a strong interest in manufacturing technologies, robotics, artificial intelligence and exotic propulsion (eg, EM Drive). I have some prior experience building and using CNC machines. I am currently assisting a friend in designing a large CNC router for cutting ply-sheet.

Page 353 of 422 253303343351352353354355363403