586,117 active members*
3,394 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 357 of 422 257307347355356357358359367407
Results 7,121 to 7,140 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello,

I am new and I am here to learn and to be able to create my own CNC from what I have learned.

Regards

Hello,

I am a maint tech and plan on using this site to help me or allow me to assist others

Hi, I'm from Ireland and work in the IT sector.

I use my wages to but tools and materials to make sculpture. I am planning on building or buying a CNC plasma table so that i can go into low volume production making furniture.

Hi Keith,
    I am brand new to the forum and joined because I am considering buying one of these machines. They now offer a 8060 model with the 4th axis and a pendant for about $2100 on eBay.
    I know I would have to get Mach3 and a Cam program. My questions are,
    1. How do you like the machine? Is it of reasonable quality?
    2. What CAM program are you using, is anyone supplying an open source program. I do not need a lot of high end functionality, just standard 3d and the ability to do some simple 4d cutting.
    I have done some work on a shop bot that I converted over to a aftermarket controller and Mach3 control, but only cut supplied dxf files. I have also helped a friend with his Tormach plasma cutter so I am not devoid of knowledge. I have ProE running and am slogging through learning it and I think this will do what I want but am not sure about 4d.
    Good Luck
    And Thanks
    Jon

Hi Keith,
    I am brand new to the forum and joined because I am considering buying one of these machines. They now offer a 8060 model with the 4th axis and a pendant for about $2100 on eBay.
    I know I would have to get Mach3 and a Cam program. My questions are,
    1. How do you like the machine? Is it of reasonable quality?
    2. What CAM program are you using, is anyone supplying an open source program. I do not need a lot of high end functionality, just standard 3d and the ability to do some simple 4d cutting.
    I have done some work on a shop bot that I converted over to a aftermarket controller and Mach3 control, but only cut supplied dxf files. I have also helped a friend with his Tormach plasma cutter so I am not devoid of knowledge. I have ProE running and am slogging through learning it and I think this will do what I want but am not sure about 4d.
    Good Luck
    And Thanks
    Jon

Hi Peeps,

I'm looking into getting a CNC machine but feeling slightly freaked out at the amount of know how needed to use it..

So far my research has bought me here and there seems to be loads of info and expertise.. I'm really hoping somebody can help!!?

For now, I'm off to have a butchers around the site and see who and what I can find that can enlighten.

Hello

Just bought a used Fadal 15 with 88HS controller.....excited like a kid on Christmas Eve (arrives Monday). I'll start a thread once received, but it's been a 24 year dream to own a CNC mill.

Bob

I am interested in purchasing a laser engraving machine. My primary use will be to engrave Identification Tags (dog tags) on anodized aluminum, plastic, acrylic and possibly stainless steel. I will also be engraving on leather coasters and some soft wood plaques (bamboo, alder, poplar etc). I will not be cutting anything, strictly engraving. I already have a computer and have been using Corel Draw since 1993 so the graphics side is handled, I would appreciate any and all feedback on which machine(s) I should be considering. How much wattage do I need? How critical is "cooling" and "venting" in an indoor environment on the anodized aluminum? (the wood will be minimal, personal use only). I'm familiar with Epilog machines starting around $10k (U.S.) as well as items on eBay or $99 which is a huge window, what should I be looking at? I attended a trade show years back but those machines were mostly cutting plastics and thin woods, again - this will be for engraving. If I am doing any cutting it will not be for $, it would be to build molds to hold the dog tags or leather coasters etc. Any decent books worth reviewing? Laser Engraving for Dummies? Any trade shows in the S.E. U.S. where engraving machines will be viewable? I've found NBM, others I should be aware of?

Thank you;
    Tony DeSimone

I am Dean from Yuma AZ, and I was looking into buying a used CNC mill for my personal use as a hobby. Hopefully I can find one that is small and sensibly priced.

I've just dived in and bought a 6040 from China, not really knowing much right now but I've always wanted to own a CNC and now I have one ... but no idea on what's I'm going to do with it yet!

My name is Laurie Furumoto. I'm a visual arts teacher at St. Anthony Jr. Sr. High School in Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii. I recently acquired a 3D printer, a 40W Chinese laser cutter/engraver, and a small bank of laptops to start a Maker's Lab at my school. I'm a newbie, and am excited to explore the possibilities this new equipment opens up. I teach classes from 6th grade general art all the way up to AP Studio Art. The Makers lab is a new project and I'm still creating the curriculum and want to incorporate both 3D printing and Laser cutting/engraving into the program. I would also like to incorporate them into my advanced sculpture and 2D art courses.

Hi.

I am a retired programmer, technologist, general all-round enthusiast.

I am currently building (from componets) my own CNC controller. I intend to hook it up to my CNC Sherline mill.
    I love to add bells and whistles to whatever I'm doing, and running into trouble.

So I'm sure I'll be having a few questions for this community.

Hoping for the best.

Hello,
    I'm Steve, a turboshaft engine mechanic and garage junkie. I recently bought four nema17 64oz.in motors for use with a tinygV8(acquired for $10). I have everything working with chillipeppr and came here for
    the next steps on putting it all together.

Hello,

I am planning to get a CNC lathe. My day to day trade is electrician/PLC Programmer.

I just finally joined. I'm am the "EDM Guy" at a Injection Mold Tooling Company in Southern Illinois. I run a wire and two rams, as well as a 3-axis mill to make threading electrodes for the rams. My background is in computer programming, and I took quite a large paycut to become a machinist, but I don't hate waking up in the mornings anymore! Was working too many hours, on Salary, for management with no IT background that constantly set unreasonable goals.

Also Jig Grind, getting a new CNC Jig Grinder shortly. Run some Knee Mills with and without CNC controllers, grind, polish, pretty much try to make myself useful and learn as much as I can.

Hi Guys, just joined, although I have been visiting off and on for the past few years. I own and operate a Hot Rod Sheet Metal Fab Shop, in Pennsyvania. I've been considering building a plasma table. Thanks, Steve.

Hot Rod Shop In Pa.

Hi Guys, just joined, although I have been visiting off and on for the past few years. I own and operate a Hot Rod Sheet Metal Fab Shop, in Pennsyvania. I've been considering building a plasma table. Thanks, Steve.

Hi .my name is ben.
    looking at ebay cncs lately
    and have joined hopefully to make some informed decisions
    and build up a mill and perhaps mod my little lathe.

Hi
    Another Australian
    Have just purchased a hm48 hafco mill/drill and also have a AL356 hafco lathe been getting ideas of doing a cnc conversion on both machines.
    So have been lurking for a little while finally decided to join.

Sounds like you get to play with a lot of different machines, I am retired and making knives and am interested in trying some CNC stuff to not only make my life easier nut to also allow me to spread my wings a little bit and do some stuff I cannot do freehand. Been looking at the chinese imports but will probably piece together what I want. I did a lot of electronics and controller type work in my previous life.
    Where abouts are you?, I worked for SIU, but in Springfield.

Page 357 of 422 257307347355356357358359367407