Hi all,

My name is Mary, located in Cleveland, Ohio. I spent 17 years in Technical/Quality & Prod. mgt with a Tier 1, JIT, job shop coating facility (electrocoat, powder coat, wet spray and zinc plating).

I wanted to break into the manufacturing side of industry. I really thought my experience in Tech/Quality would enhance what I had to offer in a manufacturing environment; At the same time I felt I needed more knowledge to bring it all together.

So here I am, a full time student again

I just began working on my associates degree in manufacturing. Currently taking PM l, ll & CNC. Classes began 2/18/08, So I am really a NEWBIE, to machining!

When I came home from class today I did a web search on tramming and the web link for this forum came up. Looking through the files it was apparent the wealth of experience and information presented by group members here. I'm looking forward to learning more, being active in the group and hopefully getting to know many group members along the way.

Today, we were out on the shop floor and had an exercise tramming the head of a Bridgeport mill. Unfortunately, the team I was on bombed out. The first student took way too long :stickpoke and I didn't get my turn...... OK, maybe I wouldn't have done so hot either my first time in but jiminey crickets I didn't even get a chance. :violin:

Whahhh, I'm officially whining!

Anyway, I have sooooo much to learn and Monday I'll get another chance to get tramming skills under my belt. Feedback is much appreciated!

Glad to be here, thanks for supporting this forum.