587,406 active members*
3,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 422 456781656106
    Welcome to the site!

Hi there! Welcome to the "noob" team! hehehe. I am starting this journey too and i hope we can help each other. I´m trying to build all the stuf with recicling parts, from old printers to used nylon plates. If you find a good PCB lay-out for unipolar steppers, let me know ok? I have an adress from PCBs, but i did not understood what PCB is better for me. Look for it in the "open source" seccion.

See ya!

Lurking for the last week or so. Joined a week or so ago... Can't stop reading and absorbing... I'm in southwest georgia, a packaging engineer by education, line supervisor, by trade. I'm always looking for new skills to add to my repertoire. This site is great!! Friendly help just a post away..... I'm still digesting all of the information already posted in preparation for my first cnc router table. I've never done machining of any kind, unless you count handwork to teardown the bearly functional, and build the nearly uselees, but highly amusing....

Hi all, my name's Ed and I'm in the Philippines. Have been lurking here and trying to get some ideas. I'm very interested in CNC routers as I've only seen them in big operation cabinet and door shops. There are quite a few number of small-scale door and cabinet shops here and I plan to be able to supply them with CNC Routers that has 24" x 36" and 36" x 60" capacity. Am also checking out 12"x36" 4-axis capability for balluster shops. Bedroom and kitchen renovations have been picking up and owners of these mom & pop cabinet shops that I've talked to listened intently but expressed concern for training and technical support.

I've contacted a company that makes CNC Routers btu they're not interested in opening an overseas branch. So, I guess I have to learn to build it and open a shop myself.

Great site!

I'm like Machine Ed, a newbie. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I love learning new things. Kraig

Howdy,

I'm also new to the site and CNC. I'm in the design stage of my CNC dremel. I have the stepper controller built (HobbyCNC kit) so I've got money in this thing now, better acctually build a machine! The machine will be used to make foam and/or wood patterns for my aluminum foundry. I'm a mechanical engineer, so the electric part is not nearly as much fun for me. IC's don't react well to my BFH!

Great site, keep posting so I can keep absorbing all the good ideas!

Do your machines, but try to automatize old machines, manual drillers, etc... that´s the start.

Good luck and let´s project together! I´m from Brazil and have not many helpers heare too. Lucky me to have this site, great frienda, great professionals, great teachers.

See you arround!

Ito-BRAZIL! :cheers:

Hello Kenbeth,
    Where might you be picking up your diamond burrs?? I've been using a cheapy set from H.F. . There ok, but I've seen better. What info have you.
    Thanks
    Neil

Hello All,

I have been a lurker since May looking for the right machine to build. In June Patrick2by4 came up with that great aluminum tube Gantry header and I was on my way. Joined in July. I am now 90% finished with a 24" x 48" milling area. The HobbyCNC chopper board is assembled and wiring has started. At present I have about $2000 invested in my new hobby. Wish to thank all that have taken the time to write this forum with their ideas and plans it has been a great help to this newby.

Thanks,
    Dan

Well, my projects are more "poor" in money, because i am trying to construct from trash, or better: my machines will be constructed from recicling parts, as i could. Of course the PCBs i will not fint there on trash. I still have no diamond burrs, my first projects are to make wood, aluminum and copper millings.
    If you have some good PCBs that can get 3.1A let me knoe, ok? And if you know how to use the Computer POWER to the motors, please tell me.
    ITO-BRAZIL!

greetings and salutations from a machinist

I'm thinking of starting a part time home based cnc machine shop using a 3 axis retro (centroid) bridegport mill and a saw, investing the $4500 annual fee for mfg quote.com. Is there any body out there that can give me some input on mfg quote.com? Have you used it? Is it a rip off? Are we competing with slave labor quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Schulze
    just a programming student now. Absorbing info when I can understand it.
    Have you ran machines in the past?

there a is a forum around here about quote.com about a month ago. Every reply said they didnt make money off it :P I think of another way

*edit

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread...ight=quote.com

here the posts

also like to addon that i have never used it.So It still might be good but havnt seen many good things about it. But maybe that is the problem? :idea: if anyone says somthing good,that means more join and less money they make haha :nono: maybe you can talk them into giving you a month for free? if they dont even do that then they must just suck.

John
    Another new member just starting out, I'm from Newcastle NSW Australia and trying to find local suppliers for my first router.

Quote Originally Posted by johngodf
    John
    Another new member just starting out, I'm from Newcastle NSW Australia and trying to find local suppliers for my first router.
    Welcome to the zone and try here- http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...ategory&cid=17

howdy all. i am an employed aerospace machinist in phx az.
    now for my next trick, stay that way. i enjoy forums, and some correct
    answers now and then..hehe.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails peace2.gif  
    tramping on thru....

Name is Greg I also answer to any other 4 letter word too. Live in West Texas ( armpit of the southwest) Auto mechanic by trade, Build race car chassis at night for fun. Long time lurker (sorry) 3rd post for me. Wanted to build a CNC plasma cutter to make parts for the chassis I build. A Newbie section would be nice as this site has way too much good info and can be intimidating for a Newbie. A newbie section would let them get there feet wet. At work when I am training a new pup (newbie) I can look over and see the lost look in there eyes , but in and beak the ice. The site needs as most do, an "ice breaker" to get them to post that first one and get them pointed in the right direction. One more thing "The only dum question is the one never asked" (unless you ask a mechanic how to speel) ;-)

Nice site
    Thanks

Hi guys i am some steps aheaad from you. I am about to finish my first driver.
    To start to imagine a machine, you guys must viit the PHOTO Gallerys and then go there:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...90&page=1&pp=5

Good luck and i hope see your macinhes soon! :cheers:

this is my third post as well.

as many of us have found, the amount of information out there is very overwhelming, so i posted a question trying to figure it all out, and after 4 days of waiting and no answers, i just kinda gave up on posting. i see a LOT of question threads with 0 answers. the information about this hobby is just SO disperse and hard to figure out. so, im just working on a few pages on my website that i will devote to explaining it all.

oh, and as far as an introduction, im a student but i also work full time as an audio/home theater salesman for a high end store. i do DIY audio projects as a hobby. im looking into doing a CNC machine to do more precise cases for my audio projects, and not have to outsource as much. here is some of the stuff ive done so far.

http://www.cowanrg.mesanetworks.net/projects/

Wow, cowanrg ! Nice job! You ar an artist!
    Well, as you know i am new with this hobby too, but i am some steps ahead. What is your needs? My first ressearch finished, so i can help you with your first steps.

Page 6 of 422 456781656106