586,089 active members*
3,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 177 of 422 77127167175176177178179187227277
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 8431
    Hi everyone my name is Lee and I'm gonna change the world through getting our young kids excited about making stuff again!

Hello im new, and in need of some help finding the best place to ask advice on a service alarm im getting on a CNC Lathe. Please direct me to the correct place. Its a turning lathe

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've finally started to document my conversion of a Scott Machinery DM45-1 3-axis mill to CNC over on Design and Motion blog.
    Here is the 1st of 4 parts in a series of posts that will show as much of the conversion process as possible:
    DIY CNC machining from scratch | Mechanical Conversion | Design & Motion

I have been machining 3D toolpaths using the various CAM packages from HSMWorks which is now owned by Autodesk. I'm about to begin the next upgrade on my machine and move to ballscrews to improve surface finish and accuracy on my parts. I'm also considering a belt-drive conversion with a motor capable of higher rpm and a VFD speed control.

hello i am Ghita from Morocco.I am student in Ensam and i have project in CNC machine that why i am here

Hello, long time machinist first time poster, just looking for an old dog to learn new tricks.

Hey Everyone,

Graphic Designer running a 3 axis router, been lurking for a while and now finally joined.

Using Bobcad v25 and wincnc on a warthog router.

Primarily do 2-d stuff but looking to learn more

Hi Everyone,

Been doing some crafts by hand and CNC feels like a very viable approach to what i'm getting into.
    I'm new to CNC and hoping to build my first desktop CNC.

Hi,

My name is Jeff from Oregon, and I have been reading up on this board for several months now for information. I have been gathering parts now (for several months) for a DIY Milling machine that will have about a 30"x30"x6" cutting area. I actually have never posted before, since most of the information I need has already been discussed. My machine core components include sets of 1000mm THK HSR35/25 rails, and NSK 20/15mm ground ballscrews. The only piece I haven't bought set are the electronics (I plan on using the G540). I actually haven't got a response back after emailing Automation Tech (Keling 381/G540 kit), so I will actually post a question today...I will start a ew thread for this shortly. This group has been immensly helpful in the CNC "Learning Curve" Thanks!

Hi All,

I just finished building a 3 Axis CNC mill from the MakeCNC plans. I actually saw an Instructable article where a guy tweaked the design a bit. I quickly discovered that a Dremel tool was not going to work for my plans so I retooled the machine to handle my Porter Cable 690 router.

hi all, new cnc work, I'm a mechanic by trade but have a need to custom make parts and a few ideas floating around the head .

Hello all, brand new to the CNC world - on the board to learn about machines and processes in hopes of putting together a proposal to purchase a CNC Router in order to fabricate in-house what we currently outsource. I'm a scenic fabricator at a small event staging company and we would be using our machine to cut sheet plastic and wood products. Thanks in advance to everyone for posting information and your experiences that will (hopefully) help a total newbie make sense of it all!

Deezil

Hello My name is jay Favorite and I am an artist /sculpture/ maintenance man . just wanted a way to trade ideas with new people

hi all, probably ought to explain my screen name first off lol. I am in the fiberglass and composites biz, mostly performance boats. I do custom parts and mods large and small and also do custom graphics. Pretty much full custom marine builds. I also do custom fiberglass plugs and molds from short run to production. Loft plugs old school by hand but have experiance with Solidworks and lofting high density foam plugs. Came looking for some guidance in easing into a three or four axis CnC router/mill for my shop.

I have been poking around the site for a little while now and found great info. thought it was time to register and see if I can get rolling on my way to setting up some cnc stuff for my shop.

thanks

Hello,
    My name is Marc.
    I am an Industrial Designer, and have a workshop in my basement.
    After completing the carving of a new center-board for my sailing dinghy, using a hand router and awkward jig arrangements, it occurred to me that I ought to move my shop into the 21st century!
    Today, I am researching design principles to inform my design for a CNC router.

Thank you for all of your contributions!

Hi, Marc,
    I'm a noob here but try DIYCNC. I've got it for a year and it works for me.
    the zize is small though.
    I'm working on enlarged model using the same components.
    Good Luck!
    Happy CNCing!!

Boris.

Hello,
    I have been operating my Plasma Cam for about 10 yrs now. I have not had one minute of trouble due to the Plasma Cam machine until last Nov. I had to send the controller as it failed. Turn around was fast and it runs like it always did. Early problems were due to my first cutter, Lincoln plasma cutter and my lack of knowledge. I purchase a Miller cutter and have not looked back. I cut 1/4 inch to 16 ga mild hot rolled steel. Nothing to specs, all art or no spec required stuff. My kerf off set is o, and my line over lap setting is 0, line gap jump is 0.020. This helps with design problems. My height control is turned off, and all values are 0. Set to stall on contact. I run my machine height control with the arch shift voltage only. 16 ga about 0.75 arc voltage, speed 60 inch per min. 1/4 inch 0.90 to 0.95 arc shift voltage, speed 30 inch per min. Other thickness fall in between. I can cut corrugated sheet, the wavy stuff just fine with these settings, only the speed is around 90 inches per minute, depending on the use the consumables have had. I am sure I have missed something, but if anyone needs help with their old machine as far as running and or set up, please let me know. The main thing I found is use clean dry refrigerated air if possible, and grind down to clean bare metal where you hook up your ground , or the cutter will act erratic. Other than that I am a old retired railroad locomotive engineer.

Hi all,

new to the forum. Bought a cheap, second hand Chinese laser cutter (JSM 6540H) about a year ago and have never been able to get it working, I think it took some damage during transporting. Anyways trying to trouble shoot it has brought to light my complete lack of knowledge about laser cutters, and so I am browsing forums to educate myself.

As for me I'm a psychologist in a prison in Perth, Western Australia. My wife wanted a laser cutter for her craft and I wanted it to create wargames terrain.

Thats about it!

Rick

Hi All,

I have a small online RC kits business, though been on hold for a bit. I really enjoy 2-D CAD design (I stink at 3D, but for what I do 2D gets me by) but I don't like using outside cutting services.

Been Jonesing for a laser cutter for several years, finally bought a lightly used 6 month old GWeike 300x500mm desktop model. Small, but will (just) do my existing kits. Had some teething problems, got dial-in support Friday and got everything talking, can download .MOL files and control head manually.

Still have a ways to go though.. and thought I better register and take advantage of the chance to talk to people far better at this than I.

Latest trouble has to do with "soft stop" errrors.. I'll go post about them and hope for the best.,

Mike D.

Cool good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick61 View Post
    Hi all,

new to the forum. Bought a cheap, second hand Chinese laser cutter (JSM 6540H) about a year ago and have never been able to get it working, I think it took some damage during transporting. Anyways trying to trouble shoot it has brought to light my complete lack of knowledge about laser cutters, and so I am browsing forums to educate myself.

As for me I'm a psychologist in a prison in Perth, Western Australia. My wife wanted a laser cutter for her craft and I wanted it to create wargames terrain.

Thats about it!

Rick
    Good luck getting it figured out. It will give you a great outlet having it.

Hello!
    My name is Krzysiek from Poland. I fix machinery and equipment, cnc, plc and other.

Page 177 of 422 77127167175176177178179187227277