586,779 active members*
9,318 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question DNC for Sodick A320D and Brother HS3100 WEDM

Anybody know of a DNC system capable of transmitting files to Sodick A320D and Brother HS3100 WEDM?

We have a sodick A320D and a fanuc wire cut we use onecnc software to program and use the built in dnc for both

Crucher,
    Do you have the settings and cable connection you use for the sodick as I have already tried NCLink from ONECNC and it does not function.

Sorry for late reply had to check we use 3 wires only with xon xoff 7 data bits E parity 1 stop bit pins 2 and 3 crossed 7 straight because we are using switch box with 25 pin on box. machine end only we have 4 and 5 bridged and 6 8 and 20 bridged no bridging on box end. actually same connections as fanuc wirecut. we use onecnc 2003 wire edm never any problem. we dont use nclink just go straight from wire cad cam osftware. suggest send code from wirecut to comp first if nothing cable no good. we send to 12 mach with onecnc and switch box we always do that first to check cable on new mach. if char not good to comp then bad settings. change settings til code looks good then send to wirecut.

Thanks for the info Crucher. I've tried the settings you mentioned and do not work also. I'm suspecting something is wrong with the RS232 port of the machine as I've already tried various different cable configurations and different software and nothing seems to work with this machine, either way (in and out).

Smile

hi
    get yourself a rs232 tester put on m/c and see if it lights up
    this will indicate if your rs232 conector on the control is working
    they cost about £5.00 sterling but will save you a lot of time
    when trying to troublshoot your comms
    regards
    peter