586,075 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > 8050 Dead. No Support. Anyone Have A CPU?

8050 Dead. No Support. Anyone Have A CPU?

My 8050T is dead. Fagor says its over 10 years old so they can't service it and I will have to buy a new control for $14k. Machine has been down for months.

Can anyone help? I specifically need an 8050 CPU or this one repaired for a reasonable price. I could install a new (used) 8050 or 8055. I can rebuild the parameter tables. My only other option is a retrofit. Any experts out there?

[email protected]

Thanks,

Evan

I have the same problem, fagor is the worst cnc I have seen. They can't service or better they don't want service old cnc.
    Now i have cpu dead, before the z axis and the spindle driver. I have sent the cpu to 4 repairing house and no one can fix.
    I'm try to search the cpu motorola mc68020

They don't actually have any of the parts they list online. If you place an order they start looking for a board, then fix it if needed. No timeframe.

still looking...

Quote Originally Posted by 2kjettaguy View Post
    They don't actually have any of the parts they list online. If you place an order they start looking for a board, then fix it if needed. No timeframe.
    Dear 2kjettaguy,
    There are so many parts houses, I can see how you have us confused with another supplier similar to us who doesn't stock any of their own parts. They do as you say, when somebody calls, they go back to the last known source to see if the part is available. At CNC Parts Dept, this is not and never has been our business model. We do our best to stock any parts that a person owning a Motionmaster router may need, including the obsolete Fagor 8050 parts. We have AXES cards, screens, CRT-LCD adapter kits, power supplies, and a variety of keypads on our shelf here in San Diego. Unfortunately, there are so many parts and such a high turnover that it would be impractical to remove every item that goes in and out of stock from our website. If you found the one, then I apologize.

Re: 8050 Dead. No Support. Anyone Have A CPU?

I know someone who may have a used 8050t. Is it for a lathe? What kind of machine?

yes i have the 8050T CPU ???? PLS SEND ME PICTURE MAKE SURE COMPATIBLE