Hey guys.... I posted this on my resurrected build thread on the X3 board, but since being banished to the corner after the G0704 became the popular mill, that forum doesn't get so much traffic.

I'm using this Honeywell LS....

Attachment 206554

I wired X & Y to to the NC terminals on the LS and to the appropriate G540 teminal and to ground, and then set their pin config. to active high in Mach. They function this way, but they do something odd.

When I drive into the LS to test, the switch clicks and the axis stops and I get the fault light and message. Then I over-ride the fault and hit the reset button so I can jog off of the switch.... so far so good.

BUT.... when the switch clicks again, back into the non-tripped state, the axis stops a second time and I get the fault again. So I have to clear the fault a second time to continue driving back into the "safe zone".

Previously, I had the switches wired NO with active low set, and this didn't happen. When I drove into them, Mach stopped the motor and gave the LS tripped fault. But when I over-rode the fault, I could drive off the switch and it did not trip the fault a second time when the switch reset.

Any body got an explanation why this is happening? I understand that NS is a safer way to wire these.... but this is kind of a PITA.