587,490 active members*
5,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

What software did u use to create the tool path?
    I use VCarve Pro, and it allows editing & smoothing of vectors. This reduces or eliminates all the jagged curves that look like a pixels in an enlarged image!
    No mater how sharp the cutter, or how slow the feed, it will follow the abrupt vectors!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Widgitmaster it was done with Aspire and it is from a Vector graphic. The jaggies that you are seeing is as far as i can determine the fault of my machine not the gCode. My machine currently have only 0.02 resolution per step of the stepper motor. That could be part of the problem. But not likely. This is because even cutting a straight line will product this chatter mark on the cut. And it don't seem to matter what tool I use. If the Tool is cutting anything on the side I get these marks. but it don't show up on the z axis. I can use the table and a 3/4 inch bit to face plain a piece of oak it it would require no sanding.. very smooth.. but cut edges always has jaggies.. :/

Note that if I cut a pocket it will be about +0.03 of from expected dimension on regular cut and will be -0.03 off from dimension if I do a climb cut. That why I say its my machine stiffness ? It don't seem to matter much if I am cutting at 80ipm and 1/4 deep or 15ipm at 1/16 deep either That why the new machine I hope to solve this issue.

Ok here is some pix this is a picture of my experimental Rack belt drive. I Know I saw someone else doing something similar maybe here on CNCZone.
    Attachment 207946

and here is that chatter I am talking about. The board in front and the one in back, the cut that is visible was traveling along the Y axis with 40 inch of belt. The board in the middle you can see the Cut that was traveling along the X axis with 72 inch of belt. The chatter mark is clearly visible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0751(edited).JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	207948