586,104 active members*
3,268 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool compensation

Hello!
    I can't find the best thread for my topic, so I open a new one.
    I program a motion controller, it can interpolate 2 axis (X,Y). I can insert an edges sequence. Every edges can be a segment or an arc (clockwise or not). The program is not a g-code, but the mean is the same: a sequence of moving instructions. So far is all ok. Now I want move the tool on the XY plane to cut some materials. But I want take care of the tool dimension (diameter).
    I want insert in my program the management of G41 and G42 instructions because the motion controller has not those instructions.
    Where can I find some documentation to solve this problem.

Thank you

bg_izio

Dear bg_izio,

Are you asking generally about motion cards or do you have a copy of CamSoft?

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Camsoft,

I have not a copy of CamSoft. My motion controller is programmable with a structured language. It is not a CN so it has not any g-code instructions.

Dear bg_izio,

We understand.

However, the solution would not be related to CamSoft and the answers wouldn't apply.

We suggest you post under:

Machine Controllers Software and Solutions
    General CNC (Mill and Lathe) Control Software

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)