586,110 active members*
3,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand Club House > *****Great Aussie CNC BBQ @ Nigels (May 13, Melbourne Australia)*****
Page 1 of 2 12

*****Great Aussie CNC BBQ @ Nigels (May 13, Melbourne Australia)*****

Boys and any ladies,

Nigel was looking to hold the next BBQ at his hous on the 13th or 14th of May 2006. Can you guys provide feedback on a preferred date.

Personally i am happy with the Saturday (13th).

Cheers
    Michael

Hi Mikie

I hope Nigel knows that he's getting a load of blow ins.

Sat 13th is good for me (as is 14th)

I'll also spread the word a bit

Andy
    Drat, imperfection has finally stopped working!!

Any date suits me so long as the food is good, and we dont freeze our nuts off.

I suggest you PM a few of the regulars, it was only by accident I saw this post.

I have cross promoted on this forum too http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=580.0

Hi Guys,

I havent been around all that long and if you let me turn up I would love to come and share a beer.:cheers:

Sat13 or sunday 14 is fine. Just PM or email me the address, what to bring etc.

CH

Can we lock in a date. I have members on the other forum who are interested who would like to plan to come. One of those members is Peter Homman, who is the builder of the MODIO Mach break out board.http://www.homanndesigns.com/ He would be great to instruct us on Mach and other connected topics.

I have a feeling, that with the regulars, and the new interests there may be quite a few attending. If space becomes an issue we can use my house. That been said, I would prefere to go to Nigels house and see his setup.

Cnc Bbq

An invitation is extended to all having an interest in cnc machines,control,builds,software,etc. A great opportunity for those just
    starting out to gather some info and advice on getting started.

Ok, Saturday the 13 it is, kicking off at 11,BYO BBQ lunch at 12 sharp and on to activities and presentation. Parking, vacant block opposite house, or car
    park two doors down or drive way for those arriving early.

79 Napoleon st Eltham 3095
    ph: 94314379

PM me if your coming so I have an idea of how many to expect on the day.

Regards, Nigel.

EDIT Bring CDs with pictures of your machines. Parts that you have made. Things of general interest.

I'm getting the gut feeling that this is going to be a really big event.

Based on previous events and an average turn out of around 10, it really wouldn't surprise me that we might have to consider hiring bouncers to cope with the extra throngs!

Imagine it, bus loads of CNC enthusiasts from Queensland, New South, Tasmania, US, Canada, Europe and even Asia turning up to our internationally acclaimed event.

I suggest to all of us locals that we each bring an extra snag so that we can also cater for our friends from elsewhere.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Andy

NB Do we have a volunteer to put balloons up between Tullamarine and Eltham?

Darn....sounds like a hoot....wish I could be there....so, what do you'all BBQ...??

Snags!

Bugger,

Oh how I wish I lived in Melbourne (sometimes), CNC Zone BBQ's, great coffee, great beer and "Real Footy".

One day the moons will align just right right, and allow me to come to one of these great BBQ's.

Have Fun Guys :cheers:
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ben,

I have a projector at work which I can get.
    Please drop me an email if you want me to bring it along this weekend

/Michael

Hi Guys
    Count me in. I would also like to see Nigels setup as I was very impressed with the quality of the products he bought to the last BBQ. I'll see if I can bring another interested CNCer and some toys as well.
    See you there.
    Derek

Well only two days to go.......

Hi All,

Just a quick message as a nudge for anyone that has forgotten about the BBQ.

Remember :cheers: and this (chair) from the wife when you get home!!!.

Please show your support.

CH

Thanks Nigel,
    I'm in, look forward to it.

Cam

Hey Cam, why dont you guys team up with splint and Garagefella to come together ?
    Its a long way to come on your own.

Hi Guys
    Been a while since I’ve visited here.39841 new posts since I logged on last . Been flat out working and getting use to having a new little bloke around the house. Thanks for the email Andy. I’ve been meaning to get back to you. Won’t be able to make it this Saturday due to work commitments but I hope you all have a good one.

Cheers All Darren :cheers:

would love to come and meet all the Ozzy blokes in the ZONE, but Newcastle is just a little too far... Maybe we could have one up here later in the year. Anyay as I won't be there to show my machine off in person here is a photo

Remember ..throw a prawn on the barbie and have a few quite ones for me.. All the best guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01690.JPG  

Hi Guys, i would love to come along..unfortunately im in the US with work until early june...i have been playing with stepper driven cnc machines in Melbourne for a while now....so when i get back i would love to go out for beer

Now, a bit of food for thought...
    I recently was in a position to buy a complete cnc/linear robotics solution.
    950mm travel on 4 axis..linear slide, ground ball screw servo driven

Each with a 300 vertical axis attached...

Plus the servo drives, power supplies etc all nicely mounted in a stainless cabinet.

the products are from Adept

Cost the company i got it from circa $100k in hardware...and it couldnt keep up with demand during testing and was put into a shed after testing!!!!!

I dont need the gear as i have my machine, i couldnt bear to see it go for scap metal...

The gear is in Melbourne, so if anyone is interesed, let me know...and i can give you more details and send some pics...i will be selling way below what it is worth in surplus bits and pieces...

cheers
    Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12