586,055 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I need info on Vanguard Optima engraver

Hi folks,

I'm purchasing a New Hermes Vanguard Optima laser engraver for our middle school technology department. I already found the correct printer driver from the Universal Laser website and burned a small picture. However, I don't have any information on the engraver. I would like to find a manual and newer firmware. What software would I need to do vector engravings? Actually, any information I can find would be helpful.

Thanks
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

I found out that the engraver is made by Universal Lasers for new Hermes. I posted a quick support question on their website and was pleasantly surprised by a prompt email reply back. I now have a manual, firmware update and drivers for winxp and win7!

Applying the update was troublesome. The engraver would not load a file and the print spooler would show a failure just like all the other times I tried to print. Nothing showed up on the engraver screen. I got frustrated and restarted the engraver. When it came back on, I noticed the firmware update had loaded. I didn't get a confirmation on the comp but I took a chance and ran the firmware job on the engraver. It worked! Now the engraver works perfectly with all the stuff I try to print!

Thank you Universal Laser for keeping an 11 year old machine up to date and for helping us out free of charge!
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    I found out that the engraver is made by Universal Lasers for new Hermes. I posted a quick support question on their website and was pleasantly surprised by a prompt email reply back. I now have a manual, firmware update and drivers for winxp and win7!

Applying the update was troublesome. The engraver would not load a file and the print spooler would show a failure just like all the other times I tried to print. Nothing showed up on the engraver screen. I got frustrated and restarted the engraver. When it came back on, I noticed the firmware update had loaded. I didn't get a confirmation on the comp but I took a chance and ran the firmware job on the engraver. It worked! Now the engraver works perfectly with all the stuff I try to print!

Thank you Universal Laser for keeping an 11 year old machine up to date and for helping us out free of charge!

Hey Pplug, I have just purchased a New Hermes Vanguard Optima and I am trying as well to get all the software and manual and if possible the firmware update, can you help me with those?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EduardGheorghe View Post
    Hey Pplug, I have just purchased a New Hermes Vanguard Optima and I am trying as well to get all the software and manual and if possible the firmware update, can you help me with those?
    Thanks

Unfortunately my brother passed away in 2016. I recent took possession of his machines. Once I get them up and running again I’d be glad to see what documentation he has on the computers for you. Knowing my brother there’s a 50/50 chance of organization in his collection.