586,033 active members*
3,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 0I-MC DPRNT

Hello,

I have a problem, i have two machines where i am using a touch probe to measure my machined parts and printing the variable to my memory card with the function "DPRNT" . Both controllers are Fanuc 0I-MD, i am trying to do the smae with the 0I-mc but no response.
    I can import and export files from the card but no response while using "DPRNT".

Does anyone know if it is maybe a parameter that needs to bet set right .BTW i am using I/O 4 so that is not the problem.

Do you get no response or an alarm?
    Normally with the Flash Card there are 2 file types the POPEN can produce - 1st format is MCR_PRNT.TXT which will cannot be appended to or overwritten. You have to dump all the probing information out in a single POPEN / PCLOS.
    The 2nd format is PRNTxxx.DAT where xxx is an incremental number that increments with each subsequent POPEN.
    It is possible with a parameter to change the format on some more modern Fanuc controls.

I got no response at all no alarm and no message. If I put the I/O on a different Channel I get a alarm. There is no problem with format . Like I said two different machines with a newer model do print . I have a feeling that maybe the option is blocked or not installed correctly.

Have you tried RS232 output (change Data I/O channel to 0 or 1)?
    Interested to know if the problem is the Flash Card port or the DPRNT itself?

What are you doing with the data - if it's Renishaw output I can help A LOT

I have seen in the OiMC parameter manual mention of parameter 0138, bit 7 (MDN) "The DNC operation function by a memory card is: 0 - Disabled; 1 - Enabled"
    Not sure if this is relevant as it seems to be more aimed at DNC but worth a look. Let me know if it does anything.

Quote Originally Posted by guypb View Post
    Have you tried RS232 output (change Data I/O channel to 0 or 1)?
    Interested to know if the problem is the Flash Card port or the DPRNT itself?

What are you doing with the data - if it's Renishaw output I can help A LOT
    i haven't realy tried the RS232 because i dont know how LOL.and yes i am using the data for probing, don't use the probe of renishaw and i use solidcam to make my G-codes .

I have seen in the OiMC parameter manual mention of parameter 0138, bit 7 (MDN) "The DNC operation function by a memory card is: 0 - Disabled; 1 - Enabled"
    Not sure if this is relevant as it seems to be more aimed at DNC but worth a look. Let me know if it does anything.
    I will have a look tomorow morning if that will help.but i suppose that is is correct because i can use my flash card for transferring programs.

Quote Originally Posted by rwazana View Post
    i haven't realy tried the RS232 because i dont know how LOL.and yes i am using the data for probing, don't use the probe of renishaw and i use solidcam to make my G-codes .
    happy to show you what's possible with RS232 - interested to know how your programming probing with SolidCAM. PM me and maybe we can help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by rwazana View Post
    I will have a look tomorow morning if that will help.but i suppose that is is correct because i can use my flash card for transferring programs.
    Are you sure that MCR_PRNT.txt is not being created on the PCMCIA card? What file format are you getting on the OiMD?

yeah i'm sure i don't have the file on my PCMCIA card .on the 0iMD i get a PRNTxxx.DAT file.

I have checked this morning about the parameter 0138 and it is enabled on the 0iMC and 0iMD.