586,102 active members*
2,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > My TL-15 is always waiting for me.

Question My TL-15 is always waiting for me.

I have a three year old TL-15. When I first got it I had this problem with it running for fifteen/ twenty minutes, and then going into a "waiting" state ("waiting" flashing on the lower left hand corner of the screen), and stop moving. My service guy had me clear out all of the programs on the harddrive, expaining that one of the files was contaminated. This worked for a while, but now it is starting to do it again. I can clear all of the files, but it continues to go into this state.

Anybody have this problem? Are there any other resets? Is the harddrive dying? Is the harddrive an off-the-shelf thing, and is it something I could download the software into?

Does it do it no matter what program is running? I had a waiting problem one time, I forget whether it was a lathe or mill and what I had done was ask for a tool change while a canned cycle was active or something like that. This does not sound the same as you are getting but if yours happens with just one program you might look at that program for clues.

No, it doesnt seem to matter what program or where it is in the program.

Thanks

I had a similar problem with my tl-2,contact your haas distributer and talk to him,Mine required a software upgrade as there was a few glitches in the software.
    once he did this no mor problems.
    I would rather be riding my harley!!!

Update for future reference.

I had the service guy come out to look at the machine. He told me that they never know what the real problem is, so they needed to start replacing boards. The first one was the main motherboard, that was $2400. He didn't have one with him, so he needed to order one, and come back to intall it.

I asked about a software upgrade per Pugsleys Post. He told me it probably wouldn't help and I would be out a couple hundred dollars just for trying. I told him I would take the risk. He gave me the latest software, and it seemed to have fixed the problem. WOOOOOT!!!!!!

I owe you a cold beer man!

Do you know what version of software you had on the Haas control that was giving you a problem? What verision fixes the Haas "Waiting" message?
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000