586,114 active members*
3,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Help with controller wiring - Gecko 202's
Page 4 of 4 234

Well I got it working

Well I tried a few different wiring option with no luck. Then I tried wiring a separate +5V wire to the En pin on the BOB and also to the +5V in on the BOB and what do you know I got +5V out and the router works for the most part. Still think I have a few issues in my software to sort out.

Had all three axis running over 300 IPM (very conservative). I actually tried the Y axis at 500 ipm and did not get any complaints from the machine. I do not have the Porter Cable 7518 router mounted to the Z axis right now, so I am sure that when I add that weight it will slow it down some.

Thanks to all that have helped with particular thanks going to Mariss of Gecko Drive and Art from CNC4PC. You both have done a wonderful job supporting you products and working with each other to help solve this problem. Hopefully we can consider it over with.

Thanks again

Dan
    Check out what I am working on at www.routerbitz.com!

5 Volt Wire Size?

Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    Well I tried a few different wiring option with no luck. Then I tried wiring a separate +5V wire to the En pin on the BOB and also to the +5V in on the BOB and what do you know I got +5V out and the router works for the most part. Still think I have a few issues in my software to sort out.

Thanks again

Dan
    Dan,
    What size wire are you using for the 5 volts? For the enable pin?

It seems the problem might not be the voltage, but the limited amount of current that the wire is conducting. One can have the proper voltage without any significant current draw, but once current starts flowing in the circuit, guess what .............. the voltage drops due to the resistance in the wire.

Jerry

Page 4 of 4 234