I'm hoping Al & Jon might have some good input here, and anyone else who might have insight.

I have some Fanuc AC aM6/3000 servos (A06B-0162-B076#7000) with red cap pulsecoders, the motor date is 2000.
I've worked through a number of the pinouts out there, and been able to get power and the C1-8 commutation outputs going, but no output from the A/B/Z pins.

The pulsecoder model is A860-0360-V511 (an absolute aA64), No. TT-356675.
I can get some very low-level (mV) sine waves off of the inner test points A & B, but no actual output on the connector.

I did find quadrature output on the test points D0/D8 (same quadrant as PZ, C8,C4,C2,C1, *REQ) but they don't appear on the Amphenol connector. I also get some fun output on the 0deg, 90deg and 180deg test points, so at least I know there are signals passing through the encoder assembly.

I was anticipating needing to connect these through Jon's Fanuc converters, in an attempt to get quadrature and 3-hall, but of course need to be able to connect it up. Given the "A" prefix on the part number, is this one limited to only Absolute and serial?

Does the Absolute variant need either the battery removed (to clear the position memory) or the REQ line strobed (per some prior discussions) to enter a mode to output quadrature?

For correlation, the amphenol pinout most closely matches Jon's reference in that +5 is J,K; Gnd is N,T.

Thanks,
Ted.
Attachment 207858
Attachment 207860
Attachment 207862
Attachment 207864