586,096 active members*
3,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 8 of 9 6789
    Just Curious Alloy, but what do you do? I have seen some of your youtube videos, and i scanned through your photobucket. Pretty cool stuff

Yea I just ordered the 36 tooth version of that pulley, Im going to have them bore it to 24mm for me. I thought they were rather cheap, compared to what they wanted to make a HTD style pulley for the ballscrew. They quoted me $671.00 for the X and Z axis pulleys, yikes. Im glad I came across this thread, thanks again for you help.

As for me, my day job is at a sheet metal shop, my night job is making and selling aftermarket automotive parts for the Honda s2000's.

Another question for you, did you replace the double lip orings on your Z axis ball screw covers when you rebuilt them?

Hey ,

Your welcome . I did not need to change the double o-rings in the ball screw covers, amazingly they were all in great shape. But mcmaster carr should have what u need, they have everything I needed for my seals .

Im an RN and I play with machines and retrofit them as a hobby.

Can I ask you a question?

I saw a screen set from your chnc, how easy was it to add some buttons on the screens to do different things?

DO you have buttons on the screen for tool changes?

Thanks

MIke

It is relatively easy to add function buttons from what I understand from reading the Linux cnc manual. I have never added one yet though. The screen does have buttons to change between turret stations. Just click the station you want and it first returns to the tool change position and switches stations. It works very well. when I was setting this thing up I thought the tool change would be the hardest thing I did, however it worked perfectly the very first time.

On the Z ball screw covers I did buy a complete set from Mc master, I had to order 25 sets though. I was wondering if you wanted to trade me a set of the collet closer double rings for 2 sets of the ball screw covers?

Alloy about toolchanging in linuxcnc do you use Manual changing ? Or an Opponent ? And if ou use a components please let me know which I am fighting right now with an carousel Type of changer ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Hello Alloy,

Thats cool, send me a pm with you address and I will send you an extra set, and u can send me the set for the ballscrews

Thanks

Mike

Linux can do both manual and gcode tool changes. Not sure if that is what you were asking? I didint create the tool change program, I just used a config file for this machine that the linux cnc guys had posted on their forums. You might try asking over in the linux forum.

Mike, I am a noob at cnc zone, as soon as i figure out how to pm you I will do. thanks again.

Hey Hey! UPDATE!

Heres an update!

CHECK OUT MY UNDERWEAR!

CHNC update - YouTube

Cool:cheers:

VERY SWEET!

Thanks guys! It took awhile to weld up and get the frames straight....

Hey Guys small update! the machines are gonna take a back seat until next week. I am currently finishing my bigger rear shop, I just ran electrical wiring and half of the insulation. Today I will be putting the roof insulation with baffeling, and hopefully the drywall! . Tomorrow is paint and puddy. Once its all done then I Can move into my rear shop! Summer in Florida is rough....

Hows everyone elses projects?

Also thanks alloycraft for those O-rings, did you get mine yet?

Hi, my project is on idle . I have other things to do , so when I finish them will machine aluminum pulleys for new hybrid steppers.
    I like videos to watch, you have any new material

ya heres some vids of my shop LOL. I have to get my shop done before I can really move on with my CHNC's. I should be done my monday! WHOOT!

shop 1 - YouTube

shop 2 - YouTube

Nice big shop, I like it

Thanks Marco! So what hybrid steppers did you get?

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike^3 View Post
    Thanks Marco! So what hybrid steppers did you get?

Thanks

Mike
    From Leadshine, bough them on eBay:

Part 4 CNC lathe story - YouTube

Mike,

Where in florida are you?

Hello PIVOT im in Pensacola Florida, what about yourself?

I'm over in Daytona Beach.

Page 8 of 9 6789