586,060 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile New 6040z-s80 from china

Hello everybody,

As me and a friend just got our machine i thought i would just introduce myself, post a little info on the machine and hopefully get some help finishing setting it up.

We ordered the 6040z-s80 with the 4th axis from carving-cnc.com. Shipping was fast and painless and the two crates arrived in about a week.

Packaging was a bit dodgy. Although parts were in wooden crates the software cd and the plastic box for the immersion pump were broken.

The machine itself seems great value for money and quite sturdy. There was one small problem though: The Z-axis bridge is bolted to Y frame with 10 x 6mm bolts. 2 of the holes in the bridge has bad threads so we had to place nuts on the back.

After fiddling with mach3 for a few hours without any contact to the machine we read somewhere that mach3 would not work with win7 64bit so we found an old windows xp machine and we relativly quickly made contact with the machine. The mostly useless manual showed a few pictures that helped setting up the right pins and now x,y and z works fine (although Z was reversed.)

We had no luck with the a-axis yet but we have not spent too much time on this yet.

The immersion pump had a US connector on it although it was for 220v. After that was changed it worked flawlessly. The quality seems rather flimsy though so it will probably be changed at some point.

The spindle works fine when controlled from the routers display. We put a digital tachometer on it and it maxes out on 23.994 RPMs. We cannot, however, get mach3 to control the spindle at all.

So this is where we are at now and what we need help with:
    - How to get the A axis working
    - How to get the spindle controlled by mach3
    - As we had to get a generic mach3 we dont have any of the custom screens that comes with the cd (as i could gather from random forums) - a screen setup from anyone who has this set up and working.
    -Some sort of manual for the router control display

Thanks for reading - we hope to hear from you.

Re: New 6040z-s80 from china

I am in the same place with my 6040Z Parallel 4 Axis. I hope to have time to work on the spindle control in the next couple days. I would like to make an A to Z English instruction manual or video for people in the future. I never found out about the 32 bit thing until after 3 days of misery. The only thing that seems to matter on the 32 bit is the Parallel port driver that is installed. I will try to see if there is a 64 bit driver that will take it's place.

6040z instructions from china mfg at ftp.computers-plus.net
    user CNC
    pass CNC#6040z

I have been using a chinese 6040 with Askpower A131VFD and JP-3163B since 2018. It has been great (after a 3 month learning curve to use it!). I've added limit switches, Estop and motor failure using the VFD relay. But I can't find any info on wiring the BOB to the VFD to start/stop the motor. I do it from the VFD control panel. I'm a pensioner, short of money, and leaving my spindle running when the job is complete is costing me electric! Does anyone know where i might find the info? It probably just needs some Mach 3 settings changed and a wire added from the BOB to the DFD...