586,058 active members*
3,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Building the CRP Nema 34 Panel and electronics kit

Building the CRP Nema 34 Panel and electronics kit

I just ordered a panel. I have to admit, that this the first panel I will be putting together.
    I have have been looking at the wiring diagrams provided by CNCRP and it it all makes sense for the most part.

I am have been trying to gather some wire locally at radioshack but they are very limited and ready don't have much. I am wondering if someone can point me to a good online shop where I can buy connectors and wire from.

Thanks

You can order what you need from Digikey. They also carry a vast selection of terminal blocks, multi-pin connectors and other such stuff if you need it. If you want to shop locally, auto parts stores like Autozone or Advance Auto Parts carry hook-up wire and ring and spade lugs. Home Depot and other "big box" home centers may also have what you need.

McMaster Carr also carries hook-up wire, terminals, and ferrules and actually has pretty decent pricing. You will need a crimping tool if you don't have one, and ferrules require a special crimping tool if you decide to use them. It's not required, but can make for a tidier wiring job.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

What size ferrules do you recommend?

We use primarily 14 AWG and 22 AWG wire in our panels for power and signal wire, respectively (you can of course go smaller on signal wire, it just gets a little fussy). You want to use ferrules that match the wire gauge you are working with. For a ferrule crimper, we've been happy with these:

Hotstuff Adjusting Ratcheting Square Ferrule Crimper Red - Amazon.com

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

I can't believe I missed all these post with good info =)

but, I was busy doing my hw and building. The wiring process was pretty easy, but it took a lot of reading of the manuals of all the components. I will post pictures when I get the box complete. I am currently finished up some wiring and tiding up. I made the machine job last night.

I bought some 14 AWG and 22 AWG from radio-shack online / ebay.
    I was looking for the ferules, I did not know what they were called and I didn't want to call Ahren just to ask them that (I am already bugging these guys enough) - but I am glad he shared this info with us.