586,094 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1st 'Beta' release of the MachSteelBlue Screenset

Hello,

The time has come to finally Beta release the screenset that Mr Bean and myself have developed over the last few weeks.

More details and screenshots here

MachSupport Forum

It's in a new thread as we hope to capture as much feedback on this specific screenset in one place.

A few notes beforehand. This screenset follows the layout of the standard screen supplied with Mach3 as close as possible. The idea for this set was to provide a set that was hopefully cosmetically more pleasing for our own personal use and share this with fellow Mach users out there. It's not a radical leap into optimizing screen layout.

The screen is designed for 1024 * 768 resolution, however latest development releases of Mach3 have a Hi-Res feature that will allow this screen to be used at higher resolutions with a much higher clarity than previously was available in Mach3.

Its true to say that the way the set is constructed allows a lot of flexibility in colour schemes.. These may come next depending on the level of interest.

Please feel free to download the installer program. (Obviously we have tested this but backup any Mach folders first !)
    The installer also includes an uninstaller so you can be assured any trace of the screenset is removed after evaluation.

This can be downloaded from :-

InsomniaX

At this stage the hotkeys are still being worked through.

Bugs and feedback appreciated.

The InsomniaX

Santiniuk & Mr Bean

Santini. I'll post a few pics.
    It's late, you're tired and must have forgotten.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prorun-thm.jpg   mdi-thm.jpg   tool-thm.jpg   offsets-thm.jpg  

set-thm.jpg   diag-thm.jpg  

FANTASTIC effort guys. You two labored good and hard on this. I am downloading it as I type. I am very keen to see this artistic masterpiece.

EDIT: I love the easy one step installer too.

I will try them out tommarrow as soon as i get some rest, they look very good.

joe

Files MUST be copied into the Mach3 installed folder.... or it doesn't look pretty!!

Randy,

Can you expand what you mean. We have had a few people try the installer without any problems at all.

The installer will automatically create the folder and files if the correct Mach3 location is specified at root level.

Dont get depressed at the lack of comments guys, I have found these days the threads move down the list so fast that its hard to keep track of anything. Youll also find that its an effort for people to type any aknowlegement to the hard work you put in. (For Free)

I loaded them and it works good and works well, installer was all automatic.

Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. We are pleased you like it. How about a Custom one specific to Joe2000 built machines

Which actually reminds me I really did want to build one of those sometime...

Well, the downloads of the 1st screen have been in excess of 100 which was impressive. The comments or lack of not that great but thats life....

The fact that Art is actually giving the screen a runout is quite rewarding..

To compliment the original release, Mr Bean has done the jiggery on his photoshop layers and a darker background version has been released simply titled MachBlue.

Download from link below.

Download

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dk-blue1.jpg   dk-blue2.jpg   MachBlue_MPG.jpg  

Even Nicer. Yep I much prefere the second one. Good job guys, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    Even Nicer. Yep I much prefere the second one. Good job guys, keep up the good work.
    Not me, I love the first one - it looks awesome!
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

I will try the dark blue in a little bit, I'm making a prototype of a dust skirt for my machine now, as soon as finished in about 1 min. lol I will try it out, I like the way the dark blue looks, I like the toolpath, but it has no jog , and i like to control feedrate %, depending on what i'm cutting.

Joe

These screens are awesome. I downloaded the first set last night. Installation was perfect and the screens look even better while cutting parts.
    I come back today to tell you how much I like them and you have a new set up. I'm beside myself. Keep up the nice work.

Hi Fifty_ohm. We're glad you like the screens. Thanks for the positive feedback.
    Over the next week or so, we hope to have many more colour schemes available for download.

Cheers. Terry.

I was severely disappointed why Ynneb had announced he was done with making fancy screens - I am glad to see someone has picked up the project and rolled with it! Nice work, guys. I have yet to download or play with them but the screenshots look fantastic!

Thanks for your generosity, guys.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

I was severely disappointed why Ynneb had announced he was done with making fancy screens
    Well I might have revised that descision due to these guys work. It seemed like there was little interest due to the trickle of feedback. My main focas now is, educating others to make screens to suit thier own taste, instead of editing screens to suit individual tastes.
    I will however complete my other screen and use the grat installer that these guys have alerted me to.

Here comes Mach Pink.

It's not my fault, honest. I was pushed. (Santini)
    Actually I quite like it in a, "brightens the place up" kind of way.

As with the others, you can get it here:

www.cnc-builder.co.uk/insomniax/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pink-diag.jpg   pink-offsets.jpg  

Why, 'cuz?

I noticed that every time that the color scheme is changed the zip/download package gets larger. Is something else changing, too? Just changing the color shouldn't account for the increase in size, Mach Pink is approx. .5 MB larger than Mach Silver Blue.

4.39Mb Mach Silver Blue

4.52Mb Mach Blue

4.91Mb Mach Pink

I've downloaded all three but haven't tried one... YET! I'm still using the screen layout done by Chris59. Lookin' good, though. I'll probably give one of these a try this weekend.

Just curious about the file sizes,

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

There is a heap of activity happening in the screen design department on the Mach forum.
    We have yet another player who has posted an interesting touch screen design.
    http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=602.0
    While you are there check out the other contribution from others here
    http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?board=20.0

Hi MrBean,

I'm a fan of your screensets, using Mach3 with my small cnc lathe ...

I'm going to localise it to hungarian, and my question is: What kind of font sets did you use in Photoshop to build the titles? .... well, if you still remember ...

Thank you,

Jozsef