586,036 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > axis does not move, no red led

axis does not move, no red led

hi, okuma mc 4 va osp 5020, after repairing the power supply, of the upper board of the E4809-770-015-D SVC drive, I mounted it, the green led is on, no red led or alarm is present, but the axis (A) does not move !!, then I inverted the card with the Z axis, but no signs of movement here, instead the A axis with the Z axis card works, do you have any suggestions? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by maxlopez View Post
    hi, okuma mc 4 va osp 5020, after repairing the power supply, of the upper board of the E4809-770-015-D SVC drive, I mounted it, the green led is on, no red led or alarm is present, but the axis (A) does not move !!, then I inverted the card with the Z axis, but no signs of movement here, instead the A axis with the Z axis card works, do you have any suggestions? thank you
    Check the circuit breaker inside the faulty drive.

Re: axis does not move, no red led

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    Check the circuit breaker inside the faulty drive.
    Hi can you tell me which one is it? Thanks in advance

do any of you have the pdf of this superior electronic card? thanks in advance

Underneath this board there is so called base board with transistor module, capacitors and circuit breaker. You should look there. Sometimes these circuit breakers or contactors goes bad. If this is A axis (dividing head) there should be condition signals present to allow any movement (for example in MDI mode). You should look at Your machine's electrical circuit diagram (if You have one) to be sure if this is the case. Good measure would be to check if optocouplers on I/O lines of that servo drive card is in working state.

Quote Originally Posted by GuntisK View Post
    Underneath this board there is so called base board with transistor module, capacitors and circuit breaker. You should look there. Sometimes these circuit breakers or contactors goes bad. If this is A axis (dividing head) there should be condition signals present to allow any movement (for example in MDI mode). You should look at Your machine's electrical circuit diagram (if You have one) to be sure if this is the case. Good measure would be to check if optocouplers on I/O lines of that servo drive card is in working state.
    hello, as I wrote at the beginning of the post, I swapped the upper board with Z axis, the result was that the Z axis didn't work and the A axis worked, so the fault is in the upper board,

You should give that board to electronics guy for checking. First thing I would do - checking all voltage test points on that board for voltage and ripple (for last one use oscilloscope). From my practical experience with older BDU drives (Your's is one of BL-D series, SVC-A board), a culprit usually is one or more electrolytic capacitors (on picture- blue cylinders) or their even more "evil little brothers"- tantalum capacitors (on OKUMA boards they are small black rectangles with white stripe on them). Sometimes they get shorted (or close to that), voltage on that line sometimes stay at the specs, but higher ripple doesn't allow normal electronics work. Also I would check that small Matsushta relay on top of that board. Don't know what it is used for there (as I hadnt touched these new BL-D), but sometimes all fault is in bad contacts. All other components on OKUMA drives are usually very reliable.