586,103 active members*
3,082 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > SW iges Import Problem

SW iges Import Problem

I'm importing an iges from sw2005 to v9.1.

The top plane from SW is not importing as the top plane in mc. Instead, the top plane from sw is importing as the front plane for mc. I'm only using mc mill.

Can anyone please help me configure these somehow so that the top plane is matching between sw and mc?

I've tried making the file in sw on the front and right planes, and it keeps flipping the part so that it's standing on an end rather then laying flat.

I'm trying to get an assigment done for class next week, before my final exam, and any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

In SolidWorks designdes draw in the "Front" view not the top. If it's your internal design department you can talk to them about that.

In the mean time.

Transform - Bet Views - All - Entities - Front - Top - Origin - Origin.

Your moving (transforming) the geometry between views fromn the front to the top and moving the origin to the origin (i,e. not moving the origin).

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Thanks,

This seems to have got me where I need to be. I actually kept fooling around with it and after making adjustments to the coordinate system on a brand new drawing was able to get what I wanted. I'm still not as familiar with this as I'd like to be, but i'm still just learning.

Thanks for your help.