586,103 active members*
3,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Got my hands on an old Newing-Hall NH300

Got my hands on an old Newing-Hall NH300

I got my hands on a free Newing-Hall NH300 with a working old TLC/EC controller

I am in the process of converting it over to CNC control for use as a PCB engraver. I've mapped the pinout of the DB25 control port on the back of the table. I have one of those crap **** Chinese TB6560 4-axis blue boards I'm going to attempt to use to drive the steppers, and I plan to use the spindle control relay to control the z-axis air solenoid. I am going to put together a speed controller for the old 90V DC spindle motor, but I'll probably use the speed controller from the original controller until I get that put together. I'm already familiar with LinuxCNC from my 3-axis router, so I plan to use that to drive the machine.

Was wondering if anyone else on here has done a conversion on one of these old tables before and has any tips/tricks they would like to share. I'm not paying Newing-Hall $9000 to upgrade the table lol! Also, any recommendations on a good (and preferably cheap) piece of software for generating the G-Code? It will get used for plastic engraving and PCB trace isolation engraving.

Thanks!

Would you be willing to share the 25-pin D-shell pinout on back of table?

ACE freebie: DAK Engineering - Ace Converter from DAK

It's supplied as source code, and the compiler is free, so you can alter the program if need be.

CamBam is nice enough, $150

I did map the pinout of the D-sub connector, it's at the shop right now though. I'll post it when I get my hands on it again. It wasn't too hard to map out, just had to flip the machine up on it's side so I could see the wiring (it's open on the bottom), and use a continuity tester to map out which pins went to which wires on the motors and solenoids.