586,072 active members*
4,472 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > wiring up g0704s estop to mach

wiring up g0704s estop to mach

He fellows . I need some help have any of you wired up the existing estop on you BF20/G0704 to mach 3 ? Or does any one know how to.
    It would save me allot of trouble if this was possible.

It depends on what controller system you are using, geckos, geckos with a BOB (Breakout Board), keeling with BOB etc. they should have a downloadable schematic for you BOB for the pin outs. Even a smooth stepper is a little different.
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Joe thanks for the replies .
    There more the 2 ways to wire a estop up? N/O & N/C ?
    Well my BOB (c35) you either touch 2 pins together to trigger the estop or they are separated. I was curious if any one used one of those 2 combination and wired it to the G0704 Estop that came on there mill .

E-stop is always N.C. fail safe and should be a hard wired circuit, and not depending on some software based system, although any can be included in the primary E-stop circuit.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thats what im trying to do Al . Wire machs estop in with stepper motor drivers and spindle. So I can shut down everything at once.
    I think I got it I have a second Estop here Im going to use.
    Thank

Are you referring to the spindle control safety switch? I believe this is high voltage, if there was an extra set of contacts on that switch maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Are you referring to the spindle control safety switch? I believe this is high voltage, if there was an extra set of contacts on that switch maybe.

It is high voltage . Im not the best with electronics like allot of the members on the board. I wired a second estop on the top of the control box . It has 2 separate connections . It looks exactly like this one.
    It shuts the power down on the spindle before it gets to the board. Then on thge other side I have a estop for mach. I have to figure out how to shut the drivers down I dont like depending on the software to stop everything but my spindle.
    CNC Emergency Stop Mushroom Pushbutton Switch 10A | eBay

Look into using a contactor. A contactor when connected correctly will shut down all electrical power to the machine. Understood on the electrical understanding. That is why I am here all of the time, trying to learn about it myself. I do make little gains occasionally in my understanding.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Another option would be to control your spindle power with a relay controlled by Mach instead of the switch. Though I like a safer set up this would work. When you tripped the EStop , Mach would kill the power to the relay.
    The contactor is still the safest way and could be connected to trip Mach when an EStop was tripped. Another good safety feature to implement is the charge pump. This will not allow the controller to do anything unless the computer is connected and Mach is running.
    A lazy man does it twice.