586,076 active members*
4,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unexpected behavior from Mach3

Hi,
    I've used Mach3 with my 6040 cnc machine now for some 5 years with no problem. Same configuration was applied if I changed my computer and installed a new version. Now I've had a crash and again installed mach3. I get unexpected behavior:

1. these problems started when first probe stopped functioning with the green 'touch' indicator all the time staying on (I use mach3 bluescreen). If I disconnected printer cable between computer and cnc machine, touch indicator goes off. If not, it is always on, even though there is no probe contact there!
    2. before, I had 'active low' set for Z, now if I set it, machine goes to state as having emergency button on and never gets back to stable state, until I remove check mark for Z active low.
    3. X axis moves in opposite direction, even though the config. setting is just as before. When I press left arrow key it goes to right. If I check mark the Dir, then sure it goes left when I press left arrow, but then if I load a program to machine, it will send X to the mirrored direction!

Could you please help me get out of this closed loop? I stopped all I was doing due to this and need urgent help please!

All config. files (please tell me if I have bring any other thing from my mach3 configuration to help find out problem)

Did You by chance have a copy of your config file saved in a differenent folder? If so move that file into the Mach folder. If not:
    For Item 3. Under homing/limits page there is a setting for reversing the axis direction.
    On ports and pins page my estop is port 10 also but active high(active low not checked).
    This may get you part way to up and running.