586,076 active members*
3,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anilam Crusader RS232 connection

I have been a member of this forum for years and am aware of the vast amount of knowledge contained within the members here. So, I am hoping some of the experts on this forum may be able to help me.

I have a Lagun cnc mill with a Anilam Crusader Series M controller. I am trying to establish RS232 communications to enable me to transfer files back and forth for storage on the computer. I have done extensive research on this as well as other sites and continuously find conflicting information. I have also found many write-ups that unfortunately never post the final solutions to this problem.

I have made up 4 different cable combinations and tried a variety of settings. I have also verified that the RS232 connection is working properly by making the loop-back plug and running diagnostics to return a AUX 0 code.

The best I have been able to achieve so far is the DNC software showing the file is sent and the controller shows "RS232 READ". However, the information contained in the file never shows up on the controller screen.

I am hoping that someone may still have this crusader system with communications working and be able to tell me the Cable, Communications software, and Settings combination that finally worked for them.

I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Up-date ...... I called Anilam and was advised to cross the wires between pins 2 and 3 on the connector to the RS232 plug.
    It made things worse. Now the controller does not show it is receiving anything from the port. If I switch them back it still shows RS232 READ.