586,608 active members*
3,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3T - Rs232 - 101 P/S Alarm

Hi Guys

New to the forum, working as an Applications Engineer for a UK Machine Tool Supplier.
    I have a customer that whilst trying to setup rs232 comms on his used sliding head with a fanuc 3T had a power cut. When the M/C is now powered on he gets a 101 P/S Alarm (power interuppted during memory write), This requires a corrupt program deletion but the standard "program + Reset" procedure will not clear the corrupt program.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Mikadoman

Did you push and hold the DELETE & RESET buttons while powering up?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi AL

Would that not delete the entire M/C memory, parameters and all ?

Mikadoman

Not according to my notes, only the program memory should be affected, but it is many years since I did it on a 3T, so maybe someone can confirm for sure.
    Plus the manual seems to confirm that this is the only way to restore the program memory.
    Al.

Albert E.

3t

Hello
    To clear programs on the 3T you need to power on holding in the "DELETE" pushbutton.

Cheers CNCDiag

Again you sure that will not clear parameters also, Because these are not backed up.

Mikadoman

There's not that many in the 3T, you should copy down a hard copy at least.
    Al.

Albert E.

3t

The only way you can wipe out parameters is if you have the parameter write enable switch turned on.
    I have the manual on that control in front of me.
    We also repair that control.

Regards
    Kevin
    Go spurs

Thanks CNC Diag

Will give that a bash after the weekend, Keep ya fingers crossed

Mikadoman

Thanks for that CNCDiag, worked a treat, You would`nt have a copy of the Alarm and rectifiction pages for the 3T control would you ? the last pages of the manual are missing from my manual hence the problem in the first place

Cheers

Mikadoman

Anybody help me! I have a problem with feed rate. When i write in program G00 X* Y* .. F0.1 or G00 X* Y*.. F6.0 my machine don't make a difference. Thank you..

Hey.
    Very new to the forum, actually I found the site searching for the problem I was having with my cnc (101 p/s alarm). Haven't done any real courses or degree's, Ive worked in a gun shop for 5 or 6 years, so most of what I do is by hand. Im just playing with my cnc in my spare time.

I believe your having a problem (and correct me if im wrong, im probably the last person who should be giving advice) but because your using the g00 code (and not g01) your in rapid traverse, which doesn't have a feed rate parameter. If you use g01 x*y* F50 for example you may get more luck. I only use g00 for setting up my work at this stage. As soon as im where I need to be I go straight for g01, and use slow feed rates until ive prooved the program. A little slow, but I haven't broken a tool yet (touch wood).

Hey guys,
    A little help. After holding delete and reset (I tried just delete, didn't do anything) the alarm message comes up;

100 p/s alarm
    414 servo alarm
    417 " "
    424 " "
    427 " "
    434 " "
    437 " "

Dunno what is going wrong. The machine was working fine, then all of a suddern i got the p/s 101 alarm, and now all these alarms. In another thread someone was mentioning about the lubrication of the slides or something, which a dont believe to be the problem, as I only recently checked everyting and refilled the oil resivoir.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit: I believe my parameters have been reset. What can I do now? besides cry.

disaster..
    KİNG NOTHİNG

Quote Originally Posted by cncdiag View Post
    Hello
    To clear programs on the 3T you need to power on holding in the "DELETE" pushbutton.
    I need manuals for 3T as our manuals is lost and we are facing problem, the alarm comes machine not ready, please help me in getting manuals.