586,104 active members*
3,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach3, Proma THC, and Gecko540 - MaxNC, MaxCL Modes???

Question Mach3, Proma THC, and Gecko540 - MaxNC, MaxCL Modes???

I am trying to set up a THC from proma, with Mach3 and a Gecko540 and powermax45. So far as I know I have it wired correctly according to their instructions. I have a licensed version of mach3.

The option I don't understand is that Proma says I have to have: Config -> Ports and Pins -> Port Set up and Axis Selection -> MaxNC Mode ->Max CL Mode, checked.

When I do this step motors gets confused and swap directions. The way I understand it is that when Mach has MaxCL enabled it has isn't own hard coded pinout set up and ignores the user config'ed settings in ports and pins.(see here Mach3, Proma THC, and Gecko540 - Max CL Mode ) MaxCL Uncheck things work fine, but with no THC. Thus my options seem like:

1. re-wire my gecko to match the output that Mach is expecting when MaxCL is enabled, which seems pretty lame is that is the only option.
    2. Find out if I really need MaxCL and if not some other way around it.

Has anyone been able to get this setup to work? If so how? I am stuck. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Help!

If you notice in the instructions they circle the Maxcl mode but there is no check in the box. Don't know if you figured it out but Leave it unchecked. Did you get your THC working yet?
    www.decalpro.ca

I did get that setting worked out, so thank you for that.

My new issue is that the THC only goes up, but not down. I have read a little bit on it, and from what I can tell that it has to do with the min/max limits and I just need to tweak those. Any advice would be great.

You got father than I got. I read in the instructions " ARC output (also known as “Arc Okay”) is activated when plasma ignition is detected. Route and configure for a software input. Not required to operate." Problem is I ran out of inputs. I didn't hook up an input to the arc OK. I really didn't want to add another Parallel port for more inputs. Can anyone tell me you need to have the Arc OK wired for it to work in Mach 3? If it isn't required what settings do I need to make?
    www.decalpro.ca

The last line on page 5 of the user manual at http://proma-elektronika.pl/download/doc/thc_en.pdf says that Arc Okay, "Not required to operate". So I suppose you don't need it.