586,068 active members*
3,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ trak servo error

I have an EZ trak mill and when I jog the axis's it alarms with an x or y servo overflow error. Anybody have any advice?

If you are getting an alarm when either x or y axis move is commanded, then the problem is probably not in the servos, drives or sensors. It would be something common to both axis movements, maybe the BMDC board or the computer mother board. I would first check the cheap stuff before making rash repairs. I would start first with checking the connections and with the computer power supply. Just get one out of an old computer.

If it is just one axis giving the problem, then look to components on that axis.

At first it was just the y axis. It was hard to turn by hand and it would give a servo dac overflow. Then a few minutes later the x axis started the same thing, only it moves easily by hand

I had this issue with an EZ Trak. I remember there is a fuse on the left side of the control box near the middle (there are two actually, but one went to a outlet that wasnt used) that was blown and causing it. There were alot of issues with the machine, but we ended up figuring out it was that and a loose servo connector for ours.

Thanks for the help i'll see what i can do

The ball screws should never be hard to turn.

I know. It has plenty of way lube and everything is clean. Shouldn't be any reason for it

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I would disconnect the y axis servo and see if the ball screw moves freely. If the servo is dragging, it may have tripped a breaker and now neither axis works.

Ok, i got the problem fixed. Blown fuze and someone tightened the dail until it wouldn't let the ball screw turn freely. Now i need to reset the parameters. I know how to get into the offsets, as well as the code to get in but have no idea what they need to be set to