Hi all,

Quite a few years ago my Dad bought a Morbidelli Author 213 but not any of the CAD/CAM software to go with it (Aspan?). When they sold him the machine, they made it sound like Aspan was tied to the machine so any other software wouldn't generate the "correct" g-code. Now that I've looked into it, I doubt that's really the case. Unfortunately I'm in another state so I can't just duck over to the factory to play with the machine (I will be going down at Christmas though). In the meantime, I'm getting my Dad to email me a few files contained on the floppy disc that's in his machine. I'm hoping I'll open up the files from the machine and they're just plain text g-code but if they're not then I'm in a bit of a tight spot.

I did some googling and saw a bloke selling an identical machine, he put in the description "Works with all the major CAD/CAM software". That's encouraging but I'll have to see it before I believe it. I also did some searching on this forum and there was talk about a PGM file format which was essentially some for of g-code and a simple convert needed to be written to convert normal CAM g-code output to a PGM structure.

I'll find out more about it once I crack open the files but in the meant time, does anyone know much about these machines or their g-code format?

Thanks