586,043 active members*
3,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OT cannot edit or change some parameters 901 - 923

Fanuc OT cannot edit or change some parameters 901 - 923

Good day

Problem: Cannot edit or change some of the parameters 901 and 923 on a Fanuc OT.

We have 2 lathe cnc's. On 1 of them i can use chamfering and rounding and also G71 type II, on the other cnc i cannot use chamfering and rounding and
    G71 only type I. After some googling i found witch parameters those are. Parameter 901 bit 5 is for chamfering and rounding ,parameter 923 bit 2 is for G71 type 2 canned cycle.

We tried several methods to change those parameters without success they will NOT change (some kind of protection).
    YES!! PWE = 1
    YES its in MDI mode
    emergency button method Not working to.

Is there someone who can help us what the (special) procedures is for changing those parameters.

Its just for making programming easier and not getting frustrated at the end of the day because you have to program tons of numbers.

Thank you so much in advance for the help and you can always PM the solution.

If you contact me at [email protected], I can probably help you.
    Bill

Step 1: If control is generating System Errors such as "Alarm 910 Ram Parity" or "Alarm 911 Ram Parity", control memory must be first initialized. Parity Alarm is
    usually caused by low memory backup battery.
    Step 2: Initialized/clear memory by press and holding "RESET" & "DELETE" keys simultaneously while powering ON the control.
    Step 3: Control should power up to Alarm screen and it should show several alarms including
    Alarm 100: Parameter Write enabled (PWE)
    417: X Axis Digital Parameters
    427: Y Axis (for milling machines) Z Axis (for lathes) etc.
    Step 4: Push in E-Stop (Emergency Stop) button. Press "PARAM/DGNOS" key once to go to parameter screen.
    Press "Page Down" key to go down to Parameter 38. Set parameter number 38 according to your backup list.
    Alarm 000 Power off alarm may generate causing the control to switch to alarm screen. Press "PARAM/DGNOS" to return to paramter screen.
    Page down to Parameter number 900 (you can also press "No." key then type in "900" then input to skip to parameter number 900.
    Set parameter 900 to approximately about parameter 932 according to the backup list. When certain parameter 900 area data is set, control will generate a
    warning message of something to the effect saying: press "Del" (Delete key) or "CAN" (cancel key) to continue. Press "DELETE" key and continue setting
    900 series parameters according to the list.
    Step 5: Turn power OFF and then back one after about one minute. Control should come on and show alarm screen still with several alarm previously mentioned.
    If parameter backup is available on computer, setup the RS232 parameters on the control
    Step 6: Input NC parameters as follow:
    Select EDIT mode.
    Select PARAMETER screen.
    Press "INPUT" while holding "EOB" (End of block) key.
    *Note: INPUT will flash in the lower right-hand corner and NC parameters will be input.
    Alarm 000 Please turn power off message will appear once parameters are loaded. Power OFF/ON.
    Step 7: Input PMC Parameters as follow:
    Select EDIT mode.
    Select DGN screen.
    Hold EOB and press INPUT.
    Step 8: Input NC Programs as follow:
    Select EDIT mode.
    Select PROGRAM Memory screen.
    Verify Program Protect Key is OFF.
    Press INPUT.
    Step 9: Input Offsets as follow:
    Select EDIT mode.
    Select PROGRAM Memory screen.
    Verify Memory Protect Key is OFF.
    Press INPUT.
    Run this program to write data to OFFSET screen.

RS 232 SETTING :

SETTING PAGE Personal Computer Settings
    ISO = 1 (0:EIA 1:ISO) 4800 Baudrate
    I/O = 0 (0:PORT 0, 1:PORT 1) 2 stop bits
    ISO Code (ASCII)
    PARAMETERS Even parity
    0002 = 1XXXX0X1 Data length = 7 bits
    0038 = 1010XXXX Control Codes (Xon/ Xoff used)
    0055 = XXXXX000 LF for End Of Block
    0070 = 0XXXXXXX
    0552 = 10 (Baud rate)

Ty for this nice info. But What its have to do with my (problem). The machine is working fine no problems at all. Why i should delete the whole system. all i want is to change a single bit in a parameter. Anyway thank you for info.

Tank you Bill

Some of the parameters in 9XX series are OEM protected, you can not change it simply . Any ways if you can tell the parameter number you want to change ? we can focus on your problem , Next - Sometimes PWE = 1, EMG = ON , and in EDIT mode , the control response , also see the write protect key is on or off ?

nautomation: That was a good explanation of clearing/restoring the data, bu does not apply to the post.
    I suspect that it involves a password and the rules of this forum don't allow me to post that, so I am in private email conservation about that. But continue your suggestions.

Re: Fanuc OT cannot edit or change some parameters 901 - 923

nautomation
    your instructions i have followed to the letter but i get upto step 7 and cant get the standby on to get it into edit mode to put the parameters in with the pc
    any help would be great