So I picked up a Vision 2448 the other day for the low low price of zero dollars. It runs fine, works great, etc. Came with the controller (a series 2), dust collector, the computer, and Vision Pro 6 with dongle.

My problem, however, is that the controller doesn't seem to be amenable to taking G-code in any way, shape or form, and Vision Pro 6 is extremely limited in what it can do. (It's great for engraving I'm sure, but I want to pull the engraving spindles off and put a router on instead, and VP6 doesn't do 3D.)

Does anyone know what the pin-outs are for the table connector? It seems like I should be able to run a DB-25 connector straight to the PC and drive this thing with Mach 3 or something similar, with no separate breakout board, as the steppers get their power from the controller. I'd like to set this up so that I can just switch cables between the computer and the controller, and do either engraving or routing, as the mood strikes, so I don't want to start changing the wiring on the table.

Anyone out there have any information? Or, alternatively, a way to trick the series 2 controller (it's serial input only, not ethernet) into accepting 3D g-code?