586,051 active members*
3,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Help with problem, V23, Machine selection, and error message

Help with problem, V23, Machine selection, and error message

Hi all,

Still prowl the site everyday, but down two new versions there are very few times I can assist others with help right now.

However, I now have a problem that I need help with. I am still running v23 and just installed on a new computer. It is a windows 7 computer and all works fine except for one thing, as follows:

When I draw my cad, the machine default is a Mori. If I change it to my Haas, then when posting code, it gives me this error message:

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM V23\NC\Mill\BobCAD1.clf NOT FOUND!

If I switch it back to Mori, it will post the code correctly using the Haas post processor. But, then when I go into Predator to run and simulate, the simulation will stop and freeze at any peck drill cycle, like G73 or G83, which must mean that the Mori does not use that exact format maybe. A G81 will work and that has been my work around for getting to finish the simulations, as I just manually change the code then change it back again. The problem is if I don't and it locks up at the G83, I have to go into Task Manager and end the program, as it freezes Predator up totally. Many times it causes other problems with the computer, leading to a complete restart.

Does anyone know why I would get that error message? I checked and could not manually find that file or any other .clf files on the computer. But switching the machine to Mori lets it post code.

I checked the machine files and I have all the machine from Acralock or something to Yasnak, Haas included.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers---Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Double check all your paths, particularly your "NC" folder path and the "Post" folder and verify they are pointing to valid directories. The clf file is the Cutter Location File that BobCAD then converts to G-Code using your post processor. Almost all the new computers these days are 64 bit and V23 is a 32 bit application so that is probably your problem.

BobCAD is looking for folder "C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM V23" and it probably doesn't exist. It is more likely in "C:\Program Files (x86)\BobCAD-CAM V23" or in a network drive or wherever you installed BobCAD.

As far as Predator choking on G83 (and G73), you need to change a setting in the Haas *.MCH file or Reverse Post File. I'll find it in a minute.

Make sure you have write-access to those folders too. You'll have to dig around in Advanced Properties for the folder and files for that.

The .clf error also shows up when you try Post-and-Save to a file that's in use or otherwise write-protected.

Good point shred, I forgot all about that.

Here is the line you need to change in the Reverse Post that you are using so it won't choke on the G83:

cycle_param_style=haas

Change "haas" to "fanuc". That's the easy fix - not the solution - but I ran that way fine for a long time until I figured it out. You really won't notice a difference. If I recall correctly, the template you are probably using is HAAS-3AXVMILL which uses the Haas VF-Series.rpm Reverse Post. That's the file that needs changed.

Find your milling machine exe.,,,set it up

For Preditor I use the 4 axmill template even though I have a 3 axis machine,,works great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill.JPG  

I changed the RPost and that cured the issue like you said, much thanks. The links were all pointing the the X86 files, so it may be a permissions problems. I've never been too good at those in Windows 7. I can save BobCAD files to my desktop like I prefer, but can't save Predator files to it. It states that it is read only, so that is the last issue I would like to clear up.

Otherwise, if I change nothing, at least I'm up and running okay for now.

Thanks guys, you're the best.

Hey, a hint for all that do not know it!!!!

In all of the videos and demos that we watch, they have you pick features for various reasons, you are told to right click and choose OK. In one obscure video by a guy in an old lathe tutorial, he said "or" hit the "space-bar." It is the same as the right click and choosing OK. We have been typing on computers for so many years now, me on a typewriter too since the 60's, it is second nature to hit the space bar and it will save so much right clicking!

Just in case you did not know.

Thanks again---Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28