586,100 active members*
2,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

buying a machine from china

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of getting quotes from omni cnc.
    I was wondering if people could advise what questions to ask them about the machine.

I have experience operating them not building them so my knowledge is limited

Thanks
    jbob

I have two of the OMNI 1325 Machines. One runs Mach3 the other is a DSP. I will suggest a few things to purchase with the machine.

If you decide to go with Mach3, I recommend the wireless MPG. It is a life saver in one off setups.
    Again if you go with mach3 I would opt for the larger computer cabinet. If you go with the DSP I would also recommend the larger computer cabinet. Why you ask, We'll if you decide that you don't like the DSP then you could purchase a PMDX-126 board and convert to Mach3 very easy and have the computer cabinet. This is just things I did.

About the DSP. It will read imperial units and metric units but only displays in metric. This may not be of any issue for you.

Highly recommend a vacuum table if you are doing sheet goods. For small parts and one off stuff, I would save the cash and pass on the vacuum.

I can't say enough good about Omni. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to these machines. They are also willing to go out of there way to make you happy.

If I can be of anymore help please just shoot me a message.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi John,
    Thanks for getting back.
    100% going with mach3 as I use this at present.
    Got a quote for the 1325 but as this was my first machine from China I have been looking more at the 6090.
    I want to do small wood parts, 2 spindles cutting 2 rotary axis, also 2 spindles cutting flat on a vacuum bed. So I don't really need a big 1325 but it does offer better speeds and a bigger bed.

"I would save the cash and pass on the vacuum." can you expand?
    I want the vacuum to hold down 100 small parts at time (I have zero experience with vacuum pumps)
    Specs of 6090 below

Thanks again
    jbob

OR 6090
    X,Y,Z working area 600*900*150mm
    Table size 820*1150mm
    Spindle(2 sets) 2.2kw watercooling spindle, 24000rpm
    Motor and drive Stepper motor, Yako drive
    Inverter FULING frequency inverter
    Drive mechanism Hiwin square guide rail on Y-axis, Taiwan TBI ballscrew
    Control system Mach3 control system
    Vacuum pump Dry vacuum pump 2.2kw
    Dust collector system Dust collector 2.2KW and Dust collect hood
    Rotary device(2 sets) Dia: 60mm, Length: 600mm
    Table PVC combined with T-slot extrusion vacuum table
    Resolution accuracy 0.02mm
    Motion speed 0-8000mm/min
    Max engraving speed 5000mm/min
    Dictate formate G code
    Operation voltage AC380V(220/50Hz)
    Packing 1200*1300*1500mm
    Gross weight 420kg

Just wanted to say omni have been great to deal with at the buying stage.
    I'm going to start a new post on the router forum about the whole experience from buying to testing.

Is there any chinese cnc router suplier yuo con sugest? I mean good quality and ok price

Talking with omni-cnc but not used there machines. Will update once i get the machine.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Jbob
    This is Andy from Jinan Hengfei Machinery Equipment Co.,Ltd, i just introduce one machine HF0609 with vacuum table.Attachment 214624
    And i had been a service engineer of cnc router for 4 years, so i hope i can help you a lot. If you are intrested, just contact with me. [email protected]

jbob

vacuum yielding on larger parts better..

I also used mach3,,, but my machine came with ncstudio.. it works same good for me..

also ncstudio came with a pci card so I don't have to be scared by screensaver or any other stuff that can mess up cnccontrol..

on beginning was a little weird, but after got used it working well.. what jzarski using the dsp control that made by same company, weihong..

keep updated us about your machine..

===========================================

ggut

I purchased from salecnc and I am satisfied..

you can quote salecnc, Omni or jcut , mightbe limac... I think all of these will serve you well..

when you looking for router a little help jinan and guangzou areas from china has manufacturers.. from other areas dealers and resellers..

i am in the stage of purchasing a machine from omni my sales person is katy ill let you guys know how it goes
    John

Thanks for getting back.

I'm talking to frieght forwarders and trying to establish the price once it lands in the UK and transport to my location.
    Also been talking with Jack (my Omni sales contact) about customising the machine.
    I was thinking that linear rails and ball screws on all axis would make for a better machine and scaling it up to 4x4.
    After reading a few posts on cnczone about pumps I think the best way to see if it works for my application is get the biggest pump
    I can afford and give it a try.

What machine are you going for John?

Jbob

I have two Omni 1325 machines. The one machine that is in my shop now has been running everyday about six hours at a time. I have not had one single issue with it. Out of the crate it was 100%.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk