586,477 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > G320 Issue - Servo moves upon startup

G320 Issue - Servo moves upon startup

This is a new install so i dont exactly know what normal startup is like. I got my mill wired and ready for power. As soon as I turned the power on my mill started moving unexpectedly until i shut off the power. I disconnected everything from the G320 except for the ground and power and there is 72vdc on arm+. Is this normal when there is no other wires hooked up? I checked the mosfets and none go to gnd. It seems all 3 drives do this same thing.

turbotoys

If the motors move when you power up you have an Encoder problem or a Encoder wiring problem
    Mactec54

I have rechecked my wiring and the encoder wiring seems fine. I have swapped the a and b channel but same thing happens. I tried a different encoder assembly and the same thing still occurs. I do not have a oscilloscope as of yet but i did just order one off of eBay few minutes ago (arrives in about a week) Is there anything else I can try with a regular VMM?

Also shouldn't the drive fault out when it "runs" away like that?

I figured out this issue - The cable that I received from Industrial Hobbies had the +5v wire and channel A wire switched around. Once I figured that out everything was good.