586,117 active members*
3,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Steppers, Drivers and Power supply
Page 2 of 2 12
    Nope, merely a paraphrased quote from another person in another post made wherein he referenced the book. I'm merely posting it as a source of info.

Besides, at some point, some folks may find it helpful to do some self-help/study from legit reference books as opposed to picking up stuff (good, bad and indifferent) willy/nilly from M/B's.

I'd start out with the train books (see above), then the Mim's stuff. Only then go with the above hard core reference book...

...as opposed to picking up stuff (good, bad and indifferent) willy/nilly
    Both Willy and Nilly resent that statement.

My only critisism is that although it has a wealth of information, it is after all really a reference book, as even with a total of 1100 pages, there is no way that every aspect of the vast subject of electronics can be covered within these pages
    I agree here, but no book can cover every caveat of every discipline within electronics. My original post said that you need supplimental material. Electronics is pretty vast, but if you have a good foundation, then you can figure out quite a bit on your own if you are so inclined.

My point (which was not well stated) was that if you had to choose only one book, this one would be a good bet. It IS technical and not written for laymen, but dollar for dollar, I know of no other electronics book with as much information in it.

My problem with "custom solution" books wether it be electonics or something else, such as "Build a Guitar Amp". Tell you HOW to do something, but not WHY it works or WHY you did it. That makes it hard to transfer the information that you learn from the one book to another project... without buying another book. A text-book/reference book gives you the WHY that you really need to know.

That is, unless you truly do not care about learning the fundementals and only are looking for immediate satisfaction of the physical object you are building. In that case why bother DIY?

I realize that last bit was slightly OT. Sorry.

mjarus.

Page 2 of 2 12