586,115 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > ??Control mystery?? Has any one experienced this?

??Control mystery?? Has any one experienced this?

I have a VMC 40 (1989) the other day I went in the shop and my operator was looking through the manual. I asked him what was wrong and he said that the tool changer kept crashing into the spindle on tool change. I knew what was wrong right away. I SETCS and HO. As suspected he didn't look at the marks when he CS'ed the machine. I got it back on line and everything seemed to work great until I noticed that the menu doesn't come up when I hit the space bar any more. I asked my opperator what he did and he swears he did nothing. (I don't really trust him). I cycled the power to the machine to see if that would reset it but it still didn't work.

My question: has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to get my menu back? I tried MU but couldn't find anything relative. I tried SETP but also no luck. There must be a parameter somewhere...

Unless one of you Fadal gods helps me I'm just going to have to memorize all the shortcuts.

Thanks.

Maybe pull off the bar and clean it? Also the "," comma key is supposed to function the same as the space bar

Also using setp ,CS, SetP orSET Z will not fix a tool changing error. Only maybe if the machine lost the mark on the Z axis.

Which menu is not showing up?

Go to setp and check if the command menus are set to togggle with the space bar.
    Make sure the machine is home before going into the parameters.