586,103 active members*
3,788 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Heidenhain TNC155 interface, stupid questions...

Heidenhain TNC155 interface, stupid questions...

Hi Guys,

I am a total newbie on CAM and so.. I use a Arboga Combimatic with TNC155 controller. I've been programming in the machine for a few years, but my aim is to start using a CAM program and send it to the controller from my PC. I write this in the Bridgeport forum because I've heard that many Bridgeport mills has the TNC-controller...

I'm using CAMBAM with a working post processor (both G-code and Heidenhain-code). Everything works fine, I have a document (xxx.H) with a perfectlly working code.

My question is, what to do next? I've downloaded the "TNCremo" and I have a rs232-cable that is connected in the following way (after instructions that I red somewhere on this forum):

9-pin 25-pin
    2---------2
    3---------3
    4---------6
    5---------7
    6---------20
    7---------5
    8---------4

I've heard that I need to check some parameters on the controller and change the modes "FE, ME or EXT"...

However, I got the program code on my computer, A working serial cable (at least I think it works..), but I need help with the rest of the steps. Would be very happy if someone can write me a instruction like I am 3-years old, because I don't know anything about this right now.

Please excuse my bad english, I'm a stupid Swede.. :-)

Best Regards,
    Ludde

I have a TNC 2500. I have a standard purchased 9 pin to 25 pin cable. I have what is called a "null modem" adapter on the 25 pin end at the machine. It would not work without it. Set the control to "FE" and match the baud rate. Have the program you want to load to the machine in the file the TNCremo is pointed at. It best to use 4 numbers in the name and .h file extension. Push the programming/editing button. Push the EXT button, scroll to "read in selected file" hit enter, type in only the four digit file name and press enter, should load in. The parameters will have to determined. According to my manual they start at 5000.

You may find TNCServer easier to use than TNCRemo - it's part of the same package downloadable from H.de

Andrew
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK