586,265 active members*
3,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Custom Walnut and Maple Strat (DONE)

I'm still alive!

School has been keeping me extremely busy, and in any free time I've been working on some larger cnc orders. Needless to say that leaves little time to make anything fun for myself on my equipment. However over the last month I've been slowing piecing together this.

Claro Walnut Body
    Hard Maple Fretboard/Neck
    Piezo-Electric Graphtech Brige Pickup

My goal was to make it sound as much like a hollow body acoustic guitar as possible. So far I haven't had the chance to play it with an amp, because I'm still in the process of wiring up all the electronics. It does still play nicely unplugged from the amp, and has better tone then any other unplugged electric guitar I've tried.

Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

CF - Wow AWESOME! haven't seen you in a bit - cool guitar. Still up to RC work to I hope - anxious to see you move to full size vehicles!
    :cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Hey Jim, it's good to be back! Thanks for the good word

I finally got the electronics hooked up, and it sounds great! My goal was to make it sound as much like an acoustic as possible, and I think I came as close as is you can come. =
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.