586,103 active members*
3,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Those Considering buying the Cheap Ebay K40

I know they are a very popular item as they are cheap and sometimes work for maybe an hour or two before the MOSHIBOARD gives up the ghost and then i would hazard a guess 90% of us who have purchased these cheap machines have already converted them over to DSP AWC608 controller etc etc...

I was just search for a 12v controller for my christmas lights a few weeks agao and came across this listing on EBAY

Switching Power Supply Driver 12V 5A 60W FOR LED Strip Light Display | eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-5A-60...12444f0&_uhb=1

That is the EXACT power supply that comes with these K40 machines...

So if the power supply is that cheap including free postage....then how cheap do they put these K40 machines together....LOL

Guess what im saying is if you plan on buying one of these K40 Cheap Chinese machines ...please budget in for the DSP AWC608 Controller and accessories

YOUR GONNA NEED EM

the crazy ones are the ones buying rebranded or locally drop shipped Chinese lasers for 5-10x the cost!

nice find on the psu though, shame shipping to the usa would negate it. i dont see that psu in mine though, i've got the ecpur with the +10/-10 +1/-1 / +.1 front panel.

I despise the things with a passion, K40's are some of the worst pieces of junk it's ever been my miserable place to work on. When the factory that makes them don't recommend them you can be pretty sure your heading for problems.

Nylon bearings, extruded steel gantry with plenty of wobble,a laser head with no final mirror adjustment,god aweful software, unreliable mainboards to mention just a few things....

The only thing of any worth on a K40 is the 30 watt tube(yes it's a 30 watt no matter what the seller tells you) and the paint on the casing (and the tubes are usually cheap crap as well)

avoid like the plague!

cheers

Dave