586,096 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dainichi Lathe Fanuce 0T

I am having problems returning to the work coordinates on this lathe. Occasionally when I reset the program and restart it my x0.0 shifts. Ive been restarting it from G30 u0.0 and w0.0 in the program but when its being positioned before the g71 roughing cycle the x direction, my values have changed. and it shows that it will crash Any help would be great. Thanks

You might want to restart your program from the Home Position G28U0W0. I don't use G30. I set my tools by measuring the longest tool and write a G28U0W(?) to index the Turret during the Part Program. Then send the Machine Home at the Begining and End of every Program.

Hope this helps
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby why the G28 on a lathe ? i use it on the mills but never on the lathe.
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    Toby why the G28 on a lathe ? i use it on the mills but never on the lathe.
    G91G28X0Y0Z0 is Home for Mills

G28U0W0 is Home for Lathes

Some prefer to use G30P1 to send the Turret to a safe position to Index to a New Tool. G30 is a Soft Home Position that has set Parameters, I think.

This is what is listed in My Fanuc Lathe Master Manual

G27- Reference Point Return Check
    G28- Return to Reference Point
    G29- Return from Reference Point
    G30- Return to 2nd Reference Point
    ------------------------------------
    G30 is used in Mills that have a different Tool change position other than the Z Home Position. (Mazak Mills for example)
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    G91G28X0Y0Z0 is Home for Mills

G28U0W0 is Home for Lathes

Some prefer to use G30P1 to send the Turret to a safe position to Index to a New Tool. G30 is a Soft Home Position that has set Parameters, I think.

This is what is listed in My Fanuc Lathe Master Manual

G27- Reference Point Return Check
    G28- Return to Reference Point
    G29- Return from Reference Point
    G30- Return to 2nd Reference Point
    ------------------------------------
    G30 is used in Mills that have a different Tool change position other than the Z Home Position. (Mazak Mills for example)
    I dont use anything at the end of the program or atfer a tool i just move like an 1" out from the longest toolo in Z
    N1000
    (CNMG 431)
    G0G54T202
    G50S3000
    G96S1000M3
    G0X.8Z0M8
    G1X-.03F.01
    G0X.76Z.1
    G71U.08
    G71P2Q3U.02W.002F.011
    N2G0X-.008
    G1Z.001F.015
    S2000
    G3X.1306Z-.0287R.098F.004
    G1X.7388Z-.3328
    G3X.747Z-.3427R.014
    G1Z-.61
    N3G0X.76
    G0Z2.M9
    M1
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Jedi,

Why not post your program so we can see it? Then, maybe someone can figure out why it's doing what it's doing.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Jedi,

Why not post your program so we can see it? Then, maybe someone can figure out why it's doing what it's doing.

Dave
    What he said. :withstupi
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

It was a silly mistake because i adjusted my parameters so my g30 z0.0 was where my zero was in the program but i adjusted my workshift a couple of thou and when it would return to g30 it would show that i was a couple of thou out so I figured it out the next morning when i had a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    It was a silly mistake because i adjusted my parameters so my g30 z0.0 was where my zero was in the program but i adjusted my workshift a couple of thou and when it would return to g30 it would show that i was a couple of thou out so I figured it out the next morning when i had a fresh start.
    Glad you resolved the problem.

Cheers!!!!!!!:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    I am having problems returning to the work coordinates on this lathe. Occasionally when I reset the program and restart it my x0.0 shifts. Ive been restarting it from G30 u0.0 and w0.0 in the program but when its being positioned before the g71 roughing cycle the x direction, my values have changed. and it shows that it will crash Any help would be great. Thanks
    Dear JEDI i have Dainichi CNC Lathe with Fanuc OT type F16 , if your machine is the same would you please send me your machine parametre ?

thanks in advance

F.Sharifi

its a fanuc 0T 15f and i do have the parameters at homes sinse i erased them once by accident let me know if tey will do.

I had to manually input some of the paameters' i think it was the 9000`s. This was to set the parameters for sending and recieving so i could send the rest of them via rs232.

Ps these were for a 0T 15f
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry those are the parameters for a Dianichi F20 with a 0T controller

If you have a 12 tool turret ,? Would happen to know what the Diagnostic setting is for a 12 tool turret ........ versus a 8 tool, My F20 thinks it is a 8 tool and it is a 12 tool..

Thanks Mike