586,076 active members*
3,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Tuning in step response screen,getting motor movement

Tuning in step response screen,getting motor movement

Hi Tom,
    I recently hooked up Kflop to the Viper drive I am using to power the X servo motor on our machine.

I want to use the step response screen to show me the tuning of the motor as I make changes. But for some reason I can’t get the servo to move when I hit the test or step buttons when in the Step Response screen.

I know I have the correct outputs to the viper because I can control the viper servos using the jog commands in Kmotion and I have the C program for initiation command working too.

The step response test use to work before on the test bench before the machine was assembled, I was able to hit the button and get the motor to move and see the results on the screen. Is it possible that the parameters in the Step response screen are just too out of wack to move the gantry at all? I reset everything to the settings in the manual and no motion at all. (When I do hit the step or move button the plot still fills in seconds later showing no motion.

I don't know if I can help but will try. Have you changed versions of k-motion since you last tested on the response screen. If yes did you flash the new version to the board from the configuration screen? You say you are testing from the step response screen but have been running from k-motion cnc and initializing with a c program. Did you check the other screens in k-motion to make sure they are correct or did you just open the step response screen and hit move after selecting the axis. Make sure that all of the screen that you used to tune and setup initially still have the correct info for your axis. Check that the configuration screen has the correct input and output selected for the axis your trying to test. Also make sure the correct bits are selected. If that's all there and it still won't test but runs from k-motion cnc then something has to be missing.
    Out of curiosity are your drive encoders run to k-motion or is the loop closed in the viper drive?

Ben

Hi Slimneil,

As Ben suggested you may have incorrect settings in the KMotion Screens. One way to get everything in sync is to run the C Program to configure KFLOP then "Upload" those settings to the KMotionScreens. The Screens used to configure an axis are the Config/Flash, Step Response, and Filters Screens. We have this Flash Video to help explain the various ways to set and copy parameter settings.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com