586,108 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > help with fagor 8025-mk error 072

help with fagor 8025-mk error 072

I am having trouble with my fagor 8025-mk and thought someone here my be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction to get
    it working again.
    I am receiving error 072 (z axis following error) the machine was working fine then there was a click and now Z wont move at all. I can easily turn the worm gear to raise and lower the head and can also turn the motor easily with one finger. If I try to use the controller to jog the screen says its moving for a split second then the motor clicks and the error code appears. I do not know a whole lot about CNC machines aside from the day to day operations. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I have the same motor so just to see if the same thing happens I took the lead off the motor on the machine and put it on the other motor with it laying on the table and I get the same code. I do not know if the code is appearing because the control unit or if I am getting the same code because the unit has a sensor not making contact or something. either way it clicks like if I was turning off the emergency stop and the motors are receiving signal then I push the jog and it clicks again and gives me the error 072 again.

after messing around with the motor for a while I open the cabinet to see if there was something visible like a blown fuse. there is a circuit board for each axis. on the board there was is a row of lights on each board and on the z axis board the light was on so i pushed the little button next to the light and so far I think Im back in business. who knows if it will last but so far so good.
    so for everyone out there look for the little red light if you get an error 072 and try that first.