586,305 active members*
4,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Which of these LASER machines would you choose?

Hello everyone!

Well, as the Prefix states I am a newbie in the laser cutting world. I have been reading threads about chinese CO2 laser cutting machines and have found that there are a couple of brands that we could say are the best ones in terms of quality and after sales support.

What I need is a versatile machine, one that would be used for cutting and engraving different materials such as acrylic, plastics, rubber, cardboard, paper, wood, glass, ceramic tiles, etc. (My current business is plastic card printing, merchandising items, and paper crafts)

So after my research I have selected these two options:

G Weike LC1290: LC1290 laser engraving machine-Laser cutting machines-Products-Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser
    Han's Yueming laser CMA-1080: CMA-1080 Laser Engraving & Cutting Machine_Hans Yueming Laser

They are very similar in size, configuration and price tags. What I like about G-Weike is that they have ISO 9001 certificate (I guess it is some kind of a warrant of good quality)

So, according to your experiences... which one would you choose?

Thank you very much for your attention, I am glad I found this forum and hope to get some recommendations about what to do.

Salvatore Giha

I would go with the Gweike as it is bigger and from the forums the have they have good customer service. If you check with the Gweike girls they are very helpful about what you may need.

Right now Gweike is my choice. Does anyone here own a Gweike machine? They look very good and lenses seem to be American Made. They also use RECI tubes.

All I have heard is good things about gweki, never heard of the other company. Also have you looked at Shenhui, simile to Gweki and also has a good reputation, hey are both pretty good companies from what I read, just wanted to give you another option .

@ SalvatorePY,
    Thank you for chossing G.WEIKE laser ,yes, we have American lens and reci laser tube hiwin linear guide and leetro system for choice,

if any questions ,feel free to ask me

Best Regards
    Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by SalvatorePY View Post
    Right now Gweike is my choice. Does anyone here own a Gweike machine? They look very good and lenses seem to be American Made. They also use RECI tubes.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Yes I own two of the LC1290 machines and they are great little machines. I have not really had any issues with them at all. A few minor adjustments and I was off and running. Lucy was my sales person and she is very helpful.

Thank you for your reply etech4u. My sales persons is Tina and so far she has answered all the questions I had about the machines. And in my research I have found only good reviews about G Weike so the purchase of the machine will be closed within this week. I guess it will take more than a month to arrive (I live in Paraguay, south america) but when I get it in my office I will be telling you how everything goes. Thank you all again! This forum is great!

We'll be waiting to here all about it

Re: Which of these LASER machines would you choose?

Hello People!

As promised I am writing again to tell you I finally received my laser cutter.

Just to remind you my choice was a WKLASER (G. Weike) LC1290. I also remind you
    this is the first time I am working with these kind of machines...

I am used to all kind of desktop printers and plotters so for me the size of this
    machine is really impressive!

Unpacking the machine:
    The machine was nicely packed in a wooden box.The chiller, blower exhaust fan and
    the laser itself came all in the same box. We had some trouble getting the machine
    inside my office but it was finally in its final place.

Machine construction:
    This machine is solid. It weights 320 kilos and everything is metal made. All the
    connections, the panel and all cables are very well organized.

Start-up:
    After all was setup I installed the laser lamp and turned the chiller on. Calibrating
    the mirrors was not very hard. After some tests I could align the three mirrors.
    After that checked the laser lens and it was a little dirty so it got cleaned
    following the instructions.
    When re installing the lens canister I got worried because the laser outlet stays a
    bit loose. I tightened the mechanism but its still loose.

At first the red dot pointer was not working but after trying different things on the
    software somehow I turned it on.

I am very happy with the machine so far. Sure I am going to have fun with this!

The machine still needs some fine adjusting so after I have some jobs done this is it
    for now. I will update soon!

Congratulations! Thank you for choosing G.WEIKE machine

Any others feel free to ask us

Best Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvatorePY View Post
    Hello People!

As promised I am writing again to tell you I finally received my laser cutter.

Just to remind you my choice was a WKLASER (G. Weike) LC1290. I also remind you
    this is the first time I am working with these kind of machines...

I am used to all kind of desktop printers and plotters so for me the size of this
    machine is really impressive!

Unpacking the machine:
    The machine was nicely packed in a wooden box.The chiller, blower exhaust fan and
    the laser itself came all in the same box. We had some trouble getting the machine
    inside my office but it was finally in its final place.

Machine construction:
    This machine is solid. It weights 320 kilos and everything is metal made. All the
    connections, the panel and all cables are very well organized.

Start-up:
    After all was setup I installed the laser lamp and turned the chiller on. Calibrating
    the mirrors was not very hard. After some tests I could align the three mirrors.
    After that checked the laser lens and it was a little dirty so it got cleaned
    following the instructions.
    When re installing the lens canister I got worried because the laser outlet stays a
    bit loose. I tightened the mechanism but its still loose.

At first the red dot pointer was not working but after trying different things on the
    software somehow I turned it on.

I am very happy with the machine so far. Sure I am going to have fun with this!

The machine still needs some fine adjusting so after I have some jobs done this is it
    for now. I will update soon!
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Is there a silicone O ring in the lens holder. this keeps the lens tight and lets it expands

Hello Fixtureman. The lens was already in place when the machine arrived. I just cleaned it
    before the first use.

I have tightened the canister screw and now it is firm. Problem solved. In a few days will be
    posting some of the first cutting and engraving samples.

Very cool Salvator, Now the fun begins, in a few weeks everything in your office that isn't tied down will have some sort of engraving on it LOL take pictures we want to see.
    Remember the rule, NO PICTURES IT DIDN'T HAPPEN