586,069 active members*
3,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma will not write program

Okuma will not write program

I am a new Okuma, machine operator-programer. The Oucma is a LB-10 with a OSP5000L-G processer. I have written the program discription into the processor chosen write NC program as #8 in the process list but the thing will not write a NC program. What am I doing wrong? It is simular to a Takasawa I used to program,but different. I followed the book line by line to no avail. Anyone got a clue? I have put in the part name, the part name and the operation number etc. please tell me how to start the program and how to finish to get it to write and save the program. Thank you for any help.

generally, you need to follow simple instructions on the manual.
    1. Edit Mode.
    2. E PRNAME
    this opens the editor and creates a part programm, file: "PRNAME.MIN"
    and so on ...

If I understand you correctly you are inside of an IGF program and are trying to write your own G-code inside of the IGF programming system. This only creates a process containing your handwritten code. You will still need to use IGF to create the Rest of the NC code. Typically you Work across the menus on the bottom left to right until you basically use them all. Please give us detailed info on what steps you've done so far.

If I'm not understanding you correctly are you just trying to use IGF to create a program and are not even "getting in"? If so then you just need to do GRAPHIC EDIT, type "ABC", then WRITE to get started.

Best regards,

I am going in through the IGF, edit mode, putting in my part then, writing process list to shape the part and write a program. When I get to the end and put #8 NC program it asks for the program information. I write the part name" shaft.MIN O8998" It accepts the name and program # then stops. No NC program, nothing, and it doesn't save the information either. When I used to run a takasawa lathe, it would write a program. You could transfur it to the NC side and modify or add to the program, then run parts. This machine seems very simular. I must be missing something, a step etc. I'm not sure we have all the books either. I hope this helps.

Forget the 08998 after the .min. Just type shaft, then input. It should then show up in program directory. Go to auto, pselect*, write, then curser to the correct program, press write, and it should show up in auto mode.

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk