586,584 active members*
2,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > things to consider when buying a machine from china...

things to consider when buying a machine from china...

I am used to working on a multicam machine but want to buy a chinese machine. What are some of the things I will have to get used to?
    I assume the controls are all metric.
    I am used to using 1/4" diam shaft bits. Will I need to buy all new metric size bits to fit the collet? How readily avail are these in the states?

I just want to prevent buying the machine and getting shocked by some aspect of it...

Hi ,
    You can ask manufactures to give you some matched collet . Usually we had ER32 ER25 ER20 ER11 as standard models ,they can fit bits diameter less than 16mm .

Regards,
    Mary

The most important thing you need to do is pay with Paypal and or Creditcard . File a claim if the machine hasn't arrived before you run out of time to make a claim.

If you don't do that you have a good chance of getting ripped off.

Or Look for an US or EU machine depending where you live ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

For the most part, machinery manufacturers in China are as reliable as anywhere else. I dare say there are some rip off companies out there, but they wouldn't last 2 minutes as soon as "word" got out about them. The best way to avoid surprises is to be aware of every aspect of the deal from specification to shipping. Working with the sales team to ensure you both understand the specification being asked for, and quoted for, is essential. This is not always easy of course, what with language issues, vague or poorly written specifications etc. Payment terms vary company to company, but usually follows the standard 30% deposit by bank transfer, balance upon shipment. Shipping will very much depend on who is responsible for each aspect, like loading, insurance, dock fees, customs etc. You can be involved as much as you like on the shipping/ customs clearance front, but I warn you, it's a minefield. The best advice would be to use a good ship forwarder, either your own local one, or the one that the manufacturer uses. Either way, be aware that shipping is not cheap and Never "Free".

Collet sizes available will very much depend on the spindle size you decide upon. You can just as easily fit Imperial collets as Metric ones to the spindle. Controls being in Metric/ Imperial are pretty much interchangeable nowadays. Most, if not all, new machines can be configured either way, so just configure it to suit the way you work best

What sort of specification of machine are you looking for?